Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the original guide guns had the barrel alignment issues? I have th 1895 cowboy (not a remlin) and its barrel is misaligned. It shoots fine using the barrel sights but I like the ghost ring sights. I have found a new in box guide gun online, but damn, I hate to take the chance. Both marlins I own have alignment problems.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought the cowboy used from a private party so I doubt Marlin would give me warranty service. It must be one of the last ones before the buy out.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
longbow2018 said:
I bought the cowboy used from a private party so I doubt Marlin would give me warranty service. It must be one of the last ones before the buy out.
I think the warranty is in tact..................I recall the warranty NOT being specific to the first buyer, even if stated so.
I also recall the warranty being for five years, but North Haven used to stretch that, based on the condition of the firearm, too................

Tom

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does anyone know if the original guide guns had barrel allignment issues? I have found a ported one online but I am pretty gun shyon Marlins now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would not feel confident [at all] buying a Marlin rifle without being able to physically inspect it first as:

1. The person selling it might not really know what he has and when it was made

2. The person selling it might not know how to accurately check for the defects/details you ask about

3. If it's new [and defective] you'll be drawn into the "Remington Customer Service Nightmare"

4. If it's used [and defective] you will [also] be dealt a headache [maybe a worse one]

Actually I apply this "pre-purchase physical inspection" rule to all firearms I buy.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
longbow2018 said:
So does anyone know if the original guide guns had barrel allignment issues? I have found a ported one online but I am pretty gun shyon Marlins now.
I have four first year Guide Guns and none of them have a barrel alignment issue! I bought two over the Internet sight unseen other than pictures.. One from an MO member via pictures. All the rest were in person and they are all, each and every one my favorite! ;D Do your due diligence, ask questions, ask for lots of quality pictures and know the manufacturers dates that you trust.

1895gunner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts