Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an 1894SBL in 44 Mag for my wife to use as her deer rifle. I liked it so much I snuck a 45-70 1895SBL home a week later for me.
So what’s the problem you ask? I haven’t come clean about buying one for me as well yet!
I guess that makes this the right kinda place for me to hang out.
I’m KY Jeeper, and it’s good to meet you all.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Welcome from Idaho, but I gots to tell you, you have the symptoms of early "Marlinitus" & it gets progressively worse! It won't be long before you fall in love with another one & find yourself sneaking it into the house!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Congrats.

Welcome to MO from SW Ohio.

Problem is that you don't yet have enough Marlins.

The goal is to get to the level where she doesn't notice one more. One strategy is to get storage--safe, case, closet, etc-- that has slots for each rifle. Then be sure to always keep one slot empty. You will need some where to store the extras...

You're close to that number, yourself, when you can't immediately answer off the top of your head, "How many Marlins do I have?".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats.

Welcome to MO from SW Ohio.

Problem is that you don't yet have enough Marlins.

The goal is to get to the level where she doesn't notice one more. One strategy is to get storage--safe, case, closet, etc-- that has slots for each rifle. Then be sure to always keep one slot empty. You will need some where to store the extras...

You're close to that number, yourself, when you can't immediately answer off the top of your head, "How many Marlins do I have?".
Why do you think I brought one home that looks almost exactly like hers? I’m quite familiar with the rule of 7. Once you get past 7 firearms you can always drop the “what? This old thing” line.
Also. All glocks look identical. All ARs look identical. And now, at least my marlins look identical. One is 10!
I even pushed the limits with a scoped AR 10 a few years back. Carried it in, set it beside the bed, no comment. Left it for weeks. She never noticed it wasn’t an AR-15 carbine, and at the time I didn’t even have a scope on any of our ARs.
I do eventually come clean. We’ve danced this dance so many times now that I pretty much just get an eye roll and asked if she can shoot it.

·
Super Moderator
11,768 Posts
Welcome from the sunshine state! Nearly all my firearms are stainless so all the Marlins, S&Ws etc all look the same to my Lady. She likes to shoot though so I always show off the new ones.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Welcome aboard from New Hampshire. Nice looking rifles you have.

Reactions: Jeepnut and Golphin

·
Registered
700 Posts
My Bride doesn't even raise an eyebrow. If I tell her I'm headed to my local toy store, she may ask "Buy'in or just look'in?" I rarely have impulse buys, but when I do my arrival home begins with "Honey! LOOK what I Found at ???????!!"
Yes Sir - no sneak'in whatever into our home. Just bring it on in bold as brass! LOL! I love my Wife!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Bride doesn't even raise an eyebrow. If I tell her I'm headed to my local toy store, she may ask "Buy'in or just look'in?" I rarely have impulse buys, but when I do my arrival home begins with "Honey! LOOK what I Found at ???????!!"
Yes Sir - no sneak'in whatever into our home. Just bring it on in bold as brass! LOL! I love my Wife!

WYT-P
Skyhunter
Mine just replies that at least you are only cheating with guns. And I can honestly answer that one.
I had told her That one of these would follow me home, thinking I wouldn’t see one on the shelf a week later.
Then???? Well, I was left unsupervised.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hahaha. My wife looks at me and tells me what new gun she has brought home now. A while back she came home with a Marlin 1895sbl 45/70. How did I find out about the gun? She walked in the door handed it to me and asked me to clean it so she and some girl friends can go shoot it.
She has Marlinitus big time. She won't even look at any other brand. I once asked her why. She said "Marlins are Pretty". I dont shoot lever action im a tried and true bolt man usually Savage arms.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Welcome to Marlin owners from NE Indiana.
Good strategy as long as she does not load a 44 mag into the 45-70

I used to leave the house with an empty gun case. I would tell her I was going to the gunsmith. That was the truth as he had recieved a recent gun for me. Come home with a full case.
My brother sold a rifle 4 times to pay for other guns. He would buy a new gun and then fail to get the rifle sold. 6 months repeat.

·
Super Moderator
26,221 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from the Sierra foothills. You got a good start and there will be many more.

Jack

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice looking rifles!

Reactions: Jeepnut and Golphin
1 - 20 of 40 Posts