Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes I had to sell my Marlin SC 35 Remington. Now I own a 1950 Waffle Top Marlin 336A in 35 Remington. From what I have been told it was a "Vault Gun" from Marlin. When Remington took over a few of these rifles where released to distributors and a few made it to Canada. It has had one shot put through it from the previous owner of the person I bought it from. Weather this is true or not I don't care she is a beautiful piece for my small colection.

I will try and get a few pictuers up this afternoon.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sounds like a fair trade off, I love my S.C. but I really want a 336a. Enjoy it and post some pictures when you can!

Reactions: graymustang

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You gotta love a 1950 waffle top 336 SC in 35 Remington! I just bought one myself! It's the first year that the 336 was chambered in 35, I believe. Lets see some pictures of it! They don't make these things anymore!

Ron

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Congrats on your 336A... I just picked up a 1950 336A 35 Rem myself...

Doc

·
Registered
21,078 Posts
Congrats on your new find!

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
You'll like the 336"A"in 35 Rem. a lot. Just redid a 1951 "A" that had been rode hard and put away wet. Put a Lyman peep on it and can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Great find! :congrats:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I took this long but I have been very busy the last little bit. The top one is the Marlin 444. The bootom is the 1950 336A in 35 Rem that from what I have been told has been in the Marlin Vault until Remington took over. It has only had one shot through it. so the story go's

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The bottom is the 1950 336A in 35 Rem that from what I have been told has been in the Marlin Vault until Remington took over. It has only had one shot through it. so the story go's
444 GUY:

I think someone was pullin you leg on the story,but hey...I could be wrong...wouldn't be the first time.

The only reason I question there "Marlin Vault Story" is.... the sights on your "A" are not from a 1950 336,they are 1970's on up sights also the front sight hood should be a round one on a 1950 336 not a wide scan hood,if it only had one shot through it I can't see the previous owner changing it.

Also can't figure out if it was a "Marlin Vault Gun" why they would have drilled out the Marlin Bulls Eye to mount a sling swivel stud.

I'm not picking on your 336 in any way It's a great 336 A!!! I'm picking on the guy that told you that story

Don't get me wrong,I wouldn't mind having it..... Like you said,who cares if the story is true or not it's a nice gun.

I just hate it when people BS someone that doesn't know any better.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Dang Rem. , Nuttin gets by you.

Reactions: 35REMSHOOTER

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
444 GUY:

I think someone was pullin you leg on the story,but hey...I could be wrong...wouldn't be the first time.

The only reason I question there "Marlin Vault Story" is.... the sights on your "A" are not from a 1950 336,they are 1970's on up sights also the front sight hood should be a round one on a 1950 336 not a wide scan hood,if it only had one shot through it I can't see the previous owner changing it.

Also can't figure out if it was a "Marlin Vault Gun" why they would have drilled out the Marlin Bulls Eye to mount a sling swivel stud.

I'm not picking on your 336 in any way It's a great 336 A!!! I'm picking on the guy that told you that story

Don't get me wrong,I wouldn't mind having it..... Like you said,who cares if the story is true or not it's a nice gun.

I just hate it when people BS someone that doesn't know any better.

Remshooter That is the way I look at it to, Just a story. But she is a waffle top and it starts with a G witch tells me (to my short knowledge) that it is a 1950 336A also being the first year of the 35 Remington cambering (I have been told) for the 336A. Just nee to have the bulls eye fixed and the stud placed in the proper spot.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Super NICE Marlins Ya got there. :congrats:
Congrats,
UncleSarge58

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.