Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 336 unlike any I'd seen before. In 219 Zipper? "Whaasdat?" I asked.
I was told there weren't many made. I was also told that yes, brass can be obtained.
The owner wanted a pretty penny for it. I drove home with this weird
feeling that maybe I shoulda put a couple of bucks down on it. :argh:

And it was real, not a conversion.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, all. 35REMSHOOTER, Id've put it on layaway if I didn't have to buy 5 or 6 tons of pellets in prep for the Winter
heating season. Nigh to 2K. I know it might be a case of "WouldaCouldaShoulda", but I (sigh) have to set
priorities sometimes.:'(

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I had my hands on one a few weeks ago at the big gun show here in phoenix. I was SOOOO tempted. I love oddball calibers. His piece was in absolutely pristine shape, if it was fired, I bet it was only a few times.

He was absolutely FIRM at a $1200 cash price. I stalked it for both days. He still wouldn't budge at the last hour of the last day so I passed. If i hadnt already bought 3 other marlins there, I very well might have bought it.

there's one on Gunbroker right now with a starting bid of $2375

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
do not use ammo pointed bullets. the zipper shoots best with pointed bullets but use the the gun as a single shot unless you can get ammo with round nose or flatnose bullets. this is the major reason why the zipper was only produced 4 years
This is sort of true. You can use it as a two shot with one in the chamber and one in the magazine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My late uncle left one of those Zippers to his son when he passed. Impressive rifle! Also 2 Model 94's in .218 Bee. I'd really like one of those Bee's, but Jarrod can't bring himself to part with one. Guess I can't blame him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.