Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my wife and kids wanted to get me a rifle for Christmas, they let me choose the one I wanted so I picked the 1894C :D My problem is this. I took the bolt out to give it a good cleaning and to check the bore and more or less just to have an excuse to fondle it before it got wrapped and put under the tree. The problem is I did not get the lever back into the bolt properly :oops: and the bolt and action got cycled back and now I cannot get the bolt forward enough to get the lever mated up so I can get it back together :cry: Will I have to take it to a gunsmith to have it put back together and did I hurt the action? I am leaving for work so I will check back in the morning for responses. Thanks for any and all help. Scott

G

·
I can't imagine you have damaged it. If you keep patiently messing with it you will get it apart. Is the ejector back in it's slot right? My main thought is DO NOT try prying it with a screwdriver or tapping it with a hammer. You have to get the lever in the sweet spot in the bolt to get it back together. I'm not completely clear on your situation. It sounds like the bolt is partially in and the lever is out. It that is the case, take the bolt back out and make sure the ejector is in its groove right and then put it back together. If you are in W. TN I'll come over and look at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved. I carried her to a gunsmith. He had it fixed in about five minutes. The Lifter? was in a bind. He used a thin bladed screwdriver to do it. No charge for the services. I am giving a shout out to Plaza Gunworks in Trussville Alabama...Thanks guys.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was going to suggest you just send it to me so you wont have to be reminded of the awful thing you've done! Oh well! :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts