Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I got the much needed primers for my Rem. 788 - 223 Rem. After the last range trip I thought I would have to buy 223 Rem. ammo till primers come available again. I check on Power Valley now and then to see what's available and if primers maybe available. If you have bought from PV lately you would know once you place an item in your cart you have 20 minutes to complete checking out or the item/items go back up for sale, crazy right! well at least I think so. Well I played their game a few time a week and gave up but this time I got lucky. I got to ask if anyone bought primers/supplies from Powder Valley and have gone through the same system? ps. 20 minutes is plenty time but I like to browse through their stock.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have been checking Powder Valley, but have not seen anything in stock yet. Today I was surprised to actually see CCI BR4 small rifle primers for sale at Brownell's at the ridiculous price of $124.99 a brick. I didn't expect the sale to go through, as I have never made it all the way to checkout and still have them in stock, so I ordered two bricks just to see if it would work. It did...o_O Oh well, I haven't bought any reloading supplies since the overthrow, and didn't have many small rifle primers anyway. Merry Christmas to me..
Maybe I can trade them for a nice rifle someday...:LOL:

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been checking Powder Valley, but have not seen anything in stock yet. Today I was surprised to actually see CCI BR4 small rifle primers for sale at Brownell's at the ridiculous price of $124.99 a brick. I didn't expect the sale to go through, as I have never made it all the way to checkout and still have them in stock, so I ordered two bricks just to see if it would work. It did...o_O Oh well, I haven't bought any reloading supplies since the overthrow, and didn't have many small rifle primers anyway. Merry Christmas to me..
Maybe I can trade them for a nice rifle someday...:LOL:
Local sporting store within a 100 miles from me are charging $20. a pack and $200. a brick. At a shooting range in Long Island NY in their store I asked if they had primers. The keeper had one brick of large rifle primers on the shelf for $125. she handed it to me. The primers had to be 50+ years old, yes I remembered the box from when I uses to reload with my older brother and my godfather when those primers were factory new. The old brick of primers box was in good condition but looked its age. It could have been a gun show or garage sale find that the store keep put on the shelf. I went back to the range a few weeks later and the primers were gone.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Local sporting store within a 100 miles from me are charging $20. a pack and $200. a brick. At a shooting range in Long Island NY in their store I asked if they had primers. The keeper had one brick of large rifle primers on the shelf for $125. she handed it to me. The primers had to be 50+ years old, yes I remembered the box from when I uses to reload with my older brother and my godfather when those primers were factory new. The old brick of primers box was in good condition but looked its age. It could have been a gun show or garage sale find that the store keep put on the shelf. I went back to the range a few weeks later and the primers were gone.
Wow! Selling 50 year old primers for the same price as brand new primers just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase....I think! 🤔 Well anyway.....it’s a start! memtb

·
Premium Member
5,024 Posts
If you need them than you pay what the sellers asking. I'm just using up a brick of WWLR primers, the tag on the box say $13.80. The shop is gone now and soon that pack will be to!

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was at a gun show a while back I came across 8 packs of Fed. SRP. $2. a pack of a100 I bought all 8 packs. But at that time it was more of a convenients than a good find being that 100 ct. pack were $3. to $4. at gun stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts