Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a lever gun but got the bug and after some price matching arguing I bought at my local Gander Mountain. I picked it out from 3 unopened boxes and shot a box of shells thru it. Its pretty and shoots with no problems, I get home and stumble on this site because I am trying to figure out optics and find out Rem made my rifle and it is suppose to suck. Oh no! I start looking at it closer and really can't find anything wrong after all it was only $550. Did I get a good one or are my untrained eyes NOT seeing something. Only thing I could complain about is the action is NOT silky smooth but is it suppose to be? I am happy with the gun but I am disappointed that it is suppose to be a piece of junk. Should I sell it before I spend money on a trigger, sights and reloading equipment?

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you are happy with the rifle keep it and enjoy it. HOPEFULLY it means that the quality is improving. We are not Marlin haters. Actually we are quite the opposite.

·
Registered
603 Posts
the action will smooth up the more you work it. lots of guys sit in front of the tv and work the lever till it feels better. If it shoots well and you're happy with it, hold on to it! They're still makin a few good ones.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
well you should say we sit in front of the tv cycling the action untill our wife says "what are you doing?" and "are you going to keep doing that?" but i shouldnt complain i just got another marlin!

·
Registered
603 Posts
CaliCoastie said:
well you should say we sit in front of the tv cycling the action untill our wife says "what are you doing?" and "are you going to keep doing that?" but i shouldnt complain i just got another marlin!
ya you're right....it's usually followed by "that's soooo annoying!"

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You have to understand, some folks here griped about their Marlins BEFORE Remington bought out Marlin. :eek:

If you like the build quality, and it shoots OK, and you say it's pretty - don't let anyone here talk you into selling it. Just do like we all do and break it in and start hunting and shooting with it. The 1895 was my first lever gun and will always have a warm spot in my heart. And if you're thinking about reloading, by all means get started. My favorite ammo has all been made at home. ;D

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Great choice for a big bore. Welcome to the site.

Have you checked out some of the photos already posted on this site by others.
They show directly where to look and what to look for.
By all means check it out and make your own conclusion.

I really hope that someday we can all enjoy the new Marlin with fine fit and finish.

Thank god, we can still buy used guns. I mean pre-remlin.

mckmain

1 - 7 of 7 Posts