Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
In September I stopped at an LGS and there sat a real nice 444. I didn’t buy it then but I kept thinking about it, so a week or so later I decided to buy it and drove the hour to the shop and it was gone!

I have been looking ever since and found another one but it had the cross bolt safety so I passed. Fast forward I stopped at the same shop and there it sat. I knew it was the same rifle basically an unfired 1980 444! I picked it up and asked the owner why it was back. Apparently, the gunsmith had put it on layaway but his dream rifle came in so he took it off layaway to buy the other rifle.

So now it’s on layaway but in my name! Can’t wait to pay it off and I will post up some pictures. That makes four Marlins in less than 12 months two 1962 336s in 35 Rem a 1957 39a and now a 444, yes I have Marlinitis!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Yep. I kick myself for passing up a few good ones in the past.

What's the odds of you ever seeing that 444 again? You are very lucky that the owner had it & decided to put the rifle back on display.
Congrats , happy to hear you were able to score a 444.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.