Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen one till today. A little research says they may have been trying to cash in on the popularity of the M1 30 carbine. They are kind of cool looking.
I will make an offer on it tomorrow. Does anyone here have one? What do you think of it? What are they worth.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Cowboycopus - I assume you are talking about the 99M1, a short 9 shot tube fed semi-auto. If so I had one back in the early 70s. A very quick handling, slick semi auto. My only complaint was being slow to reload. I made a mistake and trade mine in on a Ruger 10-22 where I could carry a couple of extra loaded magazines in my hunting jacket. Most of the M-1's I have seen lately are missing the rear sight, which is quite rare and expensive when you find them. Most guys mount a scope on the rifle and take the rear sight off. Nice find and hope they don't want too much for it. Locally they bring $140-$175 in good condition with sights. As you know the value varies depending on where you live. Good luck, it is a slick, quick handling little rifle. Shenandoah

Reactions: farmboy

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
The Triplets & Others 001.JPG

The 99M1 is a fun little plinker! Everybody should have one!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
I have the 989 m2 that is really slick..around here they bring $175-$200...With the rear sight...

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Yep, they are great little squirrel getters!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I've actually heard of people who only get on the net once or twice each month.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I have one that for what i can see, looks like one that Leverforever has. Is that a squirrel carved on one of those stocks Leverforever ?

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
handy carbine to have

aaaaa- Marlin 99 M-1 .22 LR.JPG

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Golphin - Thanks for the additional information about the 99M2, magazine fed 22 version. I can't say I ever remember seeing one, and darn few 99M1's. IF extra magazines were to be had it would make a real nice hunting rig.
Hill Country Shooter - Nice picture, your rig looks like mine did, right down to the canvas sling. First thing I thought of was making the frame thick enough to cover with a piece of glass, then adding a sign, "In Case Of Emergency, Break Glass".
Shenandoah

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked up one this week-end at a local show! Has the Rear Sight on it! At the same show also got a nice Marlin .22 Scope! Out to the Desert in the Mornin for Plinkin Fun! Goin Walkabout....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts