Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I found this Marlin 39M (1973) in a local gunshop for 150 euros.

The mag tube was loose.

I have fixed the loose mag tube and put on it a Skinner sight and a fiber optic front.

The Marlin 39M is a handsome little rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice find...I really like those short barrel 39's.
RT4

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
150 euros is $180 today. That, my friend, was a steal!

Handsome shootin' iron.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Well done sir.

·
Registered
174 Posts
..what a bargain...congratulations on your good fortune. Nice choice adding the Skinner peep.

Regards,
Drills

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
sweet deal !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I have shot it at 25 m with SK Standard Plus ammo. The first 5 shots were quite funny. The first shot was low and left of the red sticker which was the aiming point. However, the other 4 shots did not appear to be on the paper. I was a bit disappointed.

However, when I pick up the target, I found out the hole was larger than normal. My old eyes are a bit weak and it was also a little dark. Therefore, I did not realize they all went thru the same hole.

I love my Marlin. Thank you all for igniting the Marlin flame.

I am very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
13,395 Posts
Sounds like you have a shooter! My 39A does the same thing, one ragged whole. I've been looking for a 39M forever and haven't found one in the guns shops at any price. You got a sweet deal. In fact you stole it! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I have shot it at 25 m with SK Standard Plus ammo. The first 5 shots were quite funny. The first shot was low and left of the red sticker which was the aiming point. However, the other 4 shots did not appear to be on the paper. I was a bit disappointed.

However, when I pick up the target, I found out the hole was larger than normal. My old eyes are a bit weak and it was also a little dark. Therefore, I did not realize they all went thru the same hole.

I love my Marlin. Thank you all for igniting the Marlin flame.

I am very happy with it.
Yeah, that's a real problem with Marlins ;-) You don't get our money's worth out of targets because you only use such a tiny percentage of them. Just that middle bit. Over and over, until it's gone.

Reactions: Vooch

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Beautiful gun and a steal at the price. How much does 22 mag ammo run you there?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts