Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was like X-Mas! I was cleaning out my top desk drawer looking for something and came across these knives. I have many Case knives but forgot all about these and even where I got them!

The first 2 are Case 048 Slimline Trappers, and I love that model because it's so easy to carry. next is a Amber bone Trapper, then a '97 custom from Mike Alsdorf. Enjoy, I know I am! I may have to dig around some other drawers today!

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I know that feeling its great, but then I start thinking I must have to much stuff to forget about cool stuff like that!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
So that's where I left them...

Kidding! Nice find...

Reactions: Catherine

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Cool knives!

I can't imagine misplacing something like that but I am happy that you found some goodies.

Enjoy...

Cate

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
I almost cut my finger off with one that looked just like the third one down from the top in 1965 on Christmas morning. Can't remember what I was doing but I remember bleeding all over my Mothers hardwood floors.

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Hey Valkman, great knives. You sure they are yours?
They look more like mine:biggrin:

Reactions: Valkman

·
Registered
37 Posts
Blimey, Think I've got one of the second from the top. Got it at a local antique shop for $12. Decent shape, but with enough wear and use that I can use it and not feel guilty LOL.
Mark

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$12 is a pretty good deal on a Case 048! Enjoy and use that knife - I love carrying those.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Valkman - I have to rename the desk I set at to pay my bills each month. When I look through it ever once in awhile I usually find some mail wanting to sell me something I don't need or some outfit asking for a donation. If I rename the desk from "my bill paying desk" to "my desk with a knife drawer" maybe my luck will change. Nice looking knives. I have an old Case medimum sized "stockman" somewhere in my "stuff". Right now I am carrying an old single blade "Barlow" that was my dad's many years ago. Shenandoah

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I had an old Case Trapper my grandfather gave me back in the 60s that I lost when I was in the service ... I still regret that to this day. Held an edge like crazy. He'd had it for years, the blade had almost been sharpened flat and I seem to remember him telling me he bought it in the 40s in Texas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm really starting to like my Case Slim Trapper! Since it is fairly used and has no family connection I feel no problem at all with using it.
Mark

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Valkman - I have to rename the desk I set at to pay my bills each month. When I look through it ever once in awhile I usually find some mail wanting to sell me something I don't need or some outfit asking for a donation. If I rename the desk from "my bill paying desk" to "my desk with a knife drawer" maybe my luck will change. Nice looking knives. I have an old Case medimum sized "stockman" somewhere in my "stuff". Right now I am carrying an old single blade "Barlow" that was my dad's many years ago. Shenandoah
That is neat that you're using a knife your Dad used. I never got anything from mine, don't know if he even carried a knife.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts