Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it went and got me a Marlin 1894 in 44-mag. I gave the rifle the evil eye. No gaps in the stock good tight fit, barrel was parallel with each, sights were straight, scope mount holes looked good, sling studs were straight, action smooth, and when I got it home I cycled 20 rounds threw it. Only one hick-up and that was operator err! I stopped in the middle of the stroke! I got a box of Winchester 44-240gr JSP for now. Now for a good cleaning and to the range to see how it shoots. Yes, its a new production from Remington! I'm really liking this rifle so far. I haven't made my mind up if I'm going to scope it or leave the sights as they are. My shots will be under 100 yards. Looked a Leupold V-1 in 2x7x32 and I really liked that also.

·
Premium Member
6,516 Posts
Congrats!! Let us know how it shoots!
Enjoy

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Congrats, I'm assuming its remlin. If its a good one you've done well. The 44 will be a hoot to shoot. Good luck we still want pics.

·
Banned
4,733 Posts
Do the "jam" fix on it now with a diamond hone before the cam line develops. This makes it feel like its rolling at bottom end of the cycling. Add a reduced power Wolfe spring too.

Consider a Game reaper Mount and a Leupołd 4x. You won't be sorry!

Congrats!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats! One of these days I'm going to get me one in a 44 mag.. or .357.. whatever happens first, ha! Enjoy your new rifle...

·
Registered
805 Posts
It didn't happen if you don't have pictures! :biggrin:

Reactions: 44Willie

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I went and shot the rifle today. from a front supported rest and my shoulder elbow for the rear rest from a bench. The first shot was 4' right of the bulls eye. Took the hood off and noticed that the front sight was all the way to the left of the dove tail. Put my masking tape on on marked the center of the sight and with mark on sight for reference. I then supported the front sight and with my brass punch moved it all the way flush with the right side. Shot another shot and the shot was two inches right of bulls eye.Moved the front sight again to the right with just a little overhang that my fingernail could catch. Fired another shot I gained another 3/4 of a inch. Now to the back sight put my masking tape in front of the dove tail and marked a reference line and taped it to the left a little. Shot another round dead center. Put the hood on and shot two more was I ever happy a very nice tight clover leaf! Went to the short range where any target can be shot. Picked a aluminum can at 50yards and shot one shot and the can moved about two feet in the air from the impact. Racked another round and repeated the process. Needless to say my anxiety is over about this rifle! Yes its a ReMarlin new production the dealer got 6 of them and this one is mine and a keeper for sure! I'm so excited about this rifle and now have the confidence in it. My ammo was Winchester 240-gr-JSP.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congratulations,glad to here it. Great to here you got a fantastic rifle. It will serve you well for many years. Give here a name and take care of her. She is special. She won't eat anything,won't complain,do have to change her diaper or anything. Enjoy

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
DAD,
Congratulations on the new 1894. I also picked one up today (9-25-2014) and mine is also a Remlin. The one I got was absolutely perfect fit and finish. I have 2 other Marlins JM stamped and this one is as good fit and finish as those. I believe Remington might have finally gotten it together. Love it.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle and sound like Remington is starting to getting their act together. I sure need more stainless steel Marlin/Remington rifles

·
Registered
368 Posts
Congratulations on the new 44! I have a Leupold 2-4X32 on my 1894 44 Mag and love it. It seems like that scope is made for that 44!
FM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts