Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a 1894css on order from my local gun shop since the beginning of Dec. My dealer has called his distributor several times and they tell him they just don't have any.
I called Remlin back in January and they told me that they were actually producing 1894's at the end of Dec. and we should start seeing them in a couple of months.
I called Remlin customer service yesterday and they told me that they began marlin lever action production in full swing at the beginning of March. I also asked about the proliferation of complaints with respect quality control on the couple of rifles that seem to have trickled through. Remlin customer service said that the only problems they were aware of were with the 308 and 338 Marlin models. They reiterated that they have a 5 year warranty and any problems would be corrected. I theorize and hope that they probably did start making Marlins back in Dec. but so many were returned that they stopped production to iron out the quality issues. Just thought I would throw this out for comment. I've gotten so cynical about corporate America I don't believe much of what they say.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've been yacking with them over my crappy 1894css they are replacing they said they had them "in stock at the warehouse in tennessee" and I should be getting mine shortly. They've been pleasant enough, but the folks I've talked to are pretty low on the food chain and don't seem to have much knowledge or authority.

·
Registered
549 Posts
My Toy said:
I also asked about the proliferation of complaints with respect quality control on the couple of rifles that seem to have trickled through. Remlin customer service said that the only problems they were aware of were with the 308 and 338 Marlin models.
If you'll peruse the Marlin rant section, you'll see that it's almost every model of the 1895 lineup that have had these issues as well. Many have been sent back in multiple times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts