Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun
Shotgun
Gun Shotgun Trigger Revolver Air gun
Revolver
Windshield Auto part Metal

I know it has been a long time coming but life always seems to get in the way.
The first two pics are the way I got it, the others are where it's at now.
With a generous package of free parts from member 39D Scott (He even paid the shipping). We do have the best members on the web. He sent me a few outer mag tubes, an inner mag tube, a rear sight and some other parts. Thanks again Scott.
I bought a new rear stock and fitted it. Can't even count how many times I put the stock on and off or how many hours of sanding. I ended up buying a new buttplate and making the white spacer. I drilled the hole, quite nervous at this point, for the new bullseye. Sanded and stained the forend and rear stock and used Minwax paste wax for the final finish.
I still have all the metal buffing and blueing to do now. It will be done some day I hope lol. I'll keep Y'all posted.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Very nice job on the woodwork. I would have loved to hear the stories that went with the battle scars that it came with, but it sure looks nicer now.

Reactions: Surveybob

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
HHey Bob, everyone should have at least one project gun. Yours is coming along real nicely, and I'm sure that a great deal of satisfaction will come with the completed project. Keep those pictures coming!:tee:

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
:congrats::congrats:Looking Good!! That is some beautiful wood in the stock! Can't wait to see when you're finished!!:beer:

·
Registered
661 Posts
There's a rescue if I ever saw one. The poor little thing was embarrassed looking that way. Looking good now.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. It has been a lot of fun. I've learned to walk away from it if it's not going right and just come back to it later. I'll keep the pics coming.
HHey Bob, everyone should have at least one project gun. Yours is coming along real nicely, and I'm sure that a great deal of satisfaction will come with the completed project. Keep those pictures coming!:tee:

·
Registered
661 Posts
It's been so much fun that I will be on the lookout for another one when this one is done. I don't think I have $200 in it yet.
I'll give $200 for it so you can have fun all over again.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Looks like another one's saved from the Marlin graveyard!:tee:

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
great job

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
That will be a rifle to be proud of for sure. Great work.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
SurveyBob, The wood says it all. I was watching Swamp People the other night may be a Allimagator got it LOL. My wife and I enjoy the show, good entertainment. I have to wonder how many Gun manufactures like Henry sponsor the show now because a lot of them are toting some fancy shooting arms now. If I had a Henry I sure wouldn't be subjecting it to such abuse. LOL.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.