Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Dad's definitely worked, walked out with 20-20 vision restored. Said he didn't realize how bad his eyesight had become before surgery. I prayed for him every time I got in the pickup with him before his surgery. Never knew if I was going to make it home alive. His turning across in front of my sister-in-law, sending her through the parking lot at the local country store at highway speeds was a wake up call.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

·
Premium Member
4,831 Posts
Simple procedure these days. You'll be fine, and amazed at what you're been missing out on. I couldn't wait to go back and have the second eye done!

Be aware that I had to go back about a year -n- half later to have the cataract lasered off of my new lens. It was growing back over the lens and my sights were getting fuzzy again (not as bad tho). They said it "sometimes" happens, but never again after the trim job.

It was a piece of cake too. About another year later I had to do the same for the other eye. I can drive at night again! (although I'm usually in my jammies when the sun goes down) ;)

Prayers sent as well. You will wonder why you waited so long afterwards.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for all y'alls prayers.I do believe they worked.I went for the post surgery check today and the doc said everything looks good.I can definetly see much much better now.He said it will continue to get better for the next year. I was amazed at how smooth the surgery went.Like you guys said 'nothing to it'.what a wonderful blessing.Like you Kraynky I can't wait to get the other eye done.I also can't wait to get back to the range and give my new rebuilt eye the acid test.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Prayers sent. I have had about 18 surgeries since 2000. Lots of shoulder stuff and a kidney transplant. I had both eyes done for cataracts. The cataract surgery was kind of fun. It improved my vision. I actually enjoyed the surgery. I saw crystals in green and clear. Way great. I went into the procedure room at 8 am. and was getting in our car at 8:20. You will be fine. I hope it is an enjoyable experience for you. Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts