Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for ammo for my grandfather's m1 carbine..which has been checked out by an armorer.gtg. it seems that finding winchester soft points is an exercise in futility. what bout surplus ammo?
thanks in advance....

·
Premium Member
28,790 Posts
Have you tried the sportsman guide? I think thats were my Sisters son got Some for a m1 carbine he traded for. Gunrunner,,

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Cabela's is selling "Herter's" (I think it's Russian steel case non corrosive) for $39.98 (50) I've not shot it but it's all my buddy shoots in his. BTW it's 110gr FMJ.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
midway is out.... will try sportsmans guide. natchez is out too. man ever since i bought my guide gun.. i lean more and more towards reloading...

·
Premium Member
5,163 Posts
Try "cheaper than dirt" they always seem to have carbine ammo for sale. I would stay away from the steel cases though.

andrew

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Charlie98 said:
+1. You gotta love the CMP, those guys are awesome.

Or AIM Surplus or Wideners if you want commie stuff for a little less $$$ (the PPU is a better than the Russian stuff in general). But don't do it, they're commies ;D

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
miatakix said:
Or AIM Surplus or Wideners if you want commie stuff for a little less $$$ (the PPU is a better than the Russian stuff in general). But don't do it, they're commies ;D
I have a pretty good stash of PPU 7.62mm, it's as cheap as SA or RG but reloadable.... yes, I hate buying from the Commies...

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
I'm half just being silly, Dennis. The Serbs aren't totally commie... And I do like the ammo, it's pretty good stuff, have shot some 5.56, .303, and 7.62X54R, all decent stuff. I'd just rather buy American when I can, it's a little better quality in general.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Charlie98 said:
yes, I hate buying from the Commies...
But there's a difference.................many of these folks are commies...........that have discovered the joys of Kapitalizm! :D :eek: 8)

·
Super Moderator
13,803 Posts
papajohn said:
But there's a difference.................many of these folks are commies...........that have discovered the joys of Kapitalizm! :D :eek: 8)
Comrade Ivan! How dare you talk about the state like that!!!
:p ;D

As far as the commie stuff goes, I like it. I don't have an M1 carbine but the wolf ammo (wolf is a distributor) and prvi ammo I have shot was all excellent.

·
Premium Member
28,790 Posts
Id forgot that my Dad has a M1, he got it back in the late 70s I think,Its the pistol version. Still in the box with two 15 shot clips. Had a name to it like "Defender" or something like that. I need to go over and dig it out... But it so pretty today, Riding might overcome shooting ;D Gunrunner,,

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Wow, nice, gunrunner, if it's an original paratrooper model, it's worth a pretty penny because it's super cool. Don't sell it.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
186 Tmanbuckhunter said:
Comrade Ivan! How dare you talk about the state like that!!!
:p ;D
Hahaha

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
gunrunner said:
. Had a name to it like "Defender" or something like that.
Enforcer! I remember seeing those in my G&A Annuals...

miatakix said:
I'm half just being silly, Dennis. The Serbs aren't totally commie... And I do like the ammo, it's pretty good stuff, have shot some 5.56, .303, and 7.62X54R, all decent stuff. I'd just rather buy American when I can, it's a little better quality in general.
Well, I'd rather buy Serbian ammo over Chinese anything.

I'm very pleased with the Prvi out of the Socom, and the brass seems pretty decent. The boxes the ammo comes in fall apart pretty easily, though... :mad: The Prvi is about the same price as Berdan-primed surplus (RG, DAG, Belgian, etc) but it doesn't come in those cool bandoliers on strippers... :(

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Charlie98 said:
Enforcer! I remember seeing those in my G&A Annuals...
Same here. As soon as I read the name I remembered what it looked like. I worked with a cop that kept one under the front seat of his personal car. And a dozen loaded mags in his trunk. The way he shot, he'd probably need 'em all. ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts