Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in A pawn shop today just to look. I started chatting with the owner. After A while he asked if i wanted to look at anything. I said no I don't think so. He went to help A real customer when I noticed A 336 SC in the rack. Verry nice metal and nice wood. Bulseye missing was the only thing wrong that I could see.
So I lowballed him expecting him to refuse. He said sold. :eek:
So now I have 3 336SCs. 1 1955 and 2 1957s all in 30-30.
I gotta stop going into gunshops.
Pics this weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I hope you realize it's WEDNESDAY ... "pics this weekend" ain't gonna cut it around here :( :eek: 8).

You also said "I gotta quit going into gunshops." Think about it ... you go into a business and you come out smiling and happy as the dingleberries. So why would you stop this practice? ::)

bjm

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bigjeepman said:
You also said "I gotta quit going into gunshops." Think about it ... you go into a business and you come out smiling and happy as the dingleberries. So why would you stop this practice? ::)

bjm

I just can't seem to say no to A 336 SC. I am to poor for this afliction. ;D

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1895Gunner said:
Now Gater, how am I pose to get a 336SC project gun when you keep snatching them up? ::) ::) ::)

Pics please........

When you are in the neighborhood stop by, we'll chat. ;D

·
Premium Member
10,963 Posts
This a stage we all go thru............Notoo sure when we "get' thru it...........but the trip is usually a fun ride......... ::) ::)

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
1895Gunner said:
Palm Beach Co area........ Hmmmmm, only 5 hour round trip. Have to work that in some weekend!
Add 3 more hours to the trip and you both can stop by my place and we'll have a couple of cold ones ;D

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Congrats on the new "baby" ! You must be so proud!

I don't think I could pass up a 50's gun, either. I'm always on the lookout.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Gaterskiner I would tell ya old marlins are great investment...but that means you would have to give one up :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
The 1st step in recovery is admitting that you have a problem.
The 2nd step is denial ...HAHA . :p
Congrats ..post them pics.

·
Registered
620 Posts
You aint the only hopeless soul on this here forum. I suppose we all suffer from this affliction in one way or the other.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Look at it this way...no learning curve, already have ammo on hand, probably have some spare parts; therefore, no problem. ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only thing worse than finding vintage Marlins up for adoption is to want to adopt both Marlins and Savage 99s. People like me should be prohibited from entering gun/pawnshops. Yet another problem is that it isn't practical to carry more than one Marlin into the deer woods although I have thought about it.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
federali said:
The only thing worse than finding vintage Marlins up for adoption is to want to adopt both Marlins and Savage 99s. People like me should be prohibited from entering gun/pawnshops. Yet another problem is that it isn't practical to carry more than one Marlin into the deer woods although I have thought about it.
Try Marlins and Engraved Colt SAA's. ;D

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I pass up 336 RCs and As no problem. I even left A beautiful AC serial# 39A for $350. in the store this week. I have yet to pass on A 336 SC. I own every one I have seen for sale in the last couple years.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts