Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Tiffany and I are going to a bar and I am going to get drunk.

The last time I got drunk was on my birthday over a year ago when a MMP plied me with red wine. The next morning I kept trying to turn on the hot water in the kitchen sink and decided that something was wrong with the hot water heater because the hot water turned on and then towards the evening when I was thinking about calling a repairman I figured out that I was turning on the cold water faucet all day and not the hot water one. I am glad I didn't have to be disgraced when the repairperson figured that out.

To the best of my knowledge my son entered Istanbul and hasn't been heard from since. It is not usual. The things on the state dept. site are scaring me--your prayers and good thoughts, whatever, would be much appreciated. I read a thing about how the ******** there lure young Americans....

So I am going to get drunk which will probably go like this--I will have three beers and then start feeling like tea and then the smoke in the bar will make me sneeze and rub my eyes. Then I will become offended at the crude language that male persons sometimes use in bars, someone will hit on me and piss me off, and I will leave, come back here, and post a bunch of weird micro brew fueled stuff.

Let me apologize in advance.

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
bttt

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Listen, you old fool. You can keep your ignorant troll posts out of this thread. I'm half out of my mind with worry over my kid as any good parent would be and I wouldn't have posted this if I weren't convinced of the innate decency of MOST of the people here. And guess what. Despite the likes of you, I'm STILL convinced of it. So take your crappy little comments back to GreyBeards.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shaggy I knew that you were a NMP at heart. I would go to a church if I could find one that serves IPA but I don't think they do that.

I am doing my best to make some sense of this. He was supposed to be in Zycos this weekend but decided to go to Istanbul first; the ex and I are hoping that he changed his mind again and hasn't yet entered Turkey çause I'm ready to go drag him back by the scruff of his neck. It is just so terribly unusual go very long of a period of time to go by where we don't hear from him.

G

·
TTL. My wife and I pray for our military folks several times a day. We send packages every month to them through a church. My wife is in charge of buying, and sending the boxes. It's really special hearing from them. We've had 8 go to iraq, and 2 to afghanistan, all have returned without a scratch, we have several in iraq now. Don't forget the power of prayer. Charlie. :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Yes indeed ..

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Miss Tundra-get drunk. Get plastered. Leave the bar before it gets to you but take plenty of fuel with you. Get rid of that worry/anger by deferring it until your son calls in the morning. Then feel foolish, happy, remorseful, delighted, and proud of your fine son. He's fine if he has even a whisker of your tenacity. Pray for the Turkey's as they are the one's likely needing it tonight and we here on the board will pray for your son. That's a promise my wife agreed to make with me. An be fair evaluating that MP who might surprise you. Concentrate on the good stuff and hold off using energy on the bad until/if it occurs. Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bestlever I did not get drunk because the bar was full of hairy apes and they were smoking which I did not like. I am confused because he is supposed to be in Belgium and is not. I have learned way more about travel in Turkey than I want to know including that you are supposed to have your picture taken upon arrival and will have trouble leaving if you don't and that all American travellers are advised to remain "inconspicous". I know about concentrating on the good but I have this weird superstition that preparing for the worst prevents it from happening because it has worked in the past. But hopefully I will find out that he is just unable to have internet or phone access and is all right which I am sure he is.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Miss Tundra-Our son's stand risk at an american football game. Or on the drive upstate to the ball game. When you think they are in bellingham they will be in spokan sure as spit. RELAX, you have zero chance of comforting yourself with faulty information no matter how correct you think it is.

I can give you a zillion examples. From the past or today. Us BestLever's spend most of our time trying to find some way to get squished, droqwned, ran over, ate by a wild critter, nose broke, brain stem dislocated, bounced off a tree skiing at 40mph, it's all just the way of things. Your wonderful man is going to fair well and be home fussing over mom before the ice thaws. I do hope you brought home several racks of your favorite spirit to pursue your original ambition. Drinking alone is a great sign of character and an assurance that alcoholism is not in your future. Isolate and be happy!~ Life as recommended by BeastLever Now smile miss Lilly. We'll know.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A cold beer on the deck after work is a good way to drink alone but my deck is full of snow and Lord only knows how many moose are lurking in the darkness out there waiting to get me.

I do not like not hearing from him and knowing he is in a Muslim country unless he is in Belgium which he should be but somehow doesn't seem to be. I was wondering if maybe internet cafes aren't as prevalent in Turkey as they are elsewhere and that is why we haven't heard.

He travelled around Europe for three months last winter and when he came back, he was constantly asked how he was treated as an American and he always replied that he had "nothing but friends" over there. He is not a stupid young man, and not naive, but he has never been in a culture where he is deeply hated though of course he is not in Iraq.

The more I see the more I am so tired of the whole Muslim thing. People can say what they want about Christians but our country is not the one capturing people from other countries and showing them pleading for their lives on television.

Of course I am not obessing over any such thing. I am just hoping that he encounters no difficulties in Turkey and it seems that even on a minor level, the opportunities for them are fairly abundant there.

Back to drinking alone, I do have a bottle of Alaskan Amber in the fridge...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, he didn't. I finally heard from him and he missed his plane. He is in Paris. He said in an e-mail that I finally got this morning that "a nice girl said let's go to Paris" so they went.

G

·
TundraTigerLily said:
No, he didn't. I finally heard from him and he missed his plane. He is in Paris. He said in an e-mail that I finally got this morning that "a nice girl said let's go to Paris" so they went.
Heck I'm over forty and if a nice female person suggested we go to Paris and I was in Europe I'd probably go with her . But I'd try like hell to go somewhere besides FRANCE .
As many times as this country has bailed them out and they turn there back on us ..........SCREW THEM :!:
Glad your son is alright thou :wink:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
6pt sika thanks I appreciate that and I have never been in France myself though I would probably go if a nice male person invited me even though I am afraid to fly but Xanax and red wine can do wonders or so I'm told. :)

I am tired of being a parent at this point because the offspring has made it quite clear that he plans on viewing the eclipse of the sun in Istanbul though it could be worse I suppose and he could be one of those kids who refuse to leave home though at this point that doesn't sound so bad.

G

·
TundraTigerLily said:
6pt sika thanks I appreciate that and I have never been in France myself though I would probably go if a nice male person invited me even though I am afraid to fly but Xanax and red wine can do wonders or so I'm told. :)

I am tired of being a parent at this point because the offspring has made it quite clear that he plans on viewing the eclipse of the sun in Istanbul though it could be worse I suppose and he could be one of those kids who refuse to leave home though at this point that doesn't sound so bad.

Don't have any kids of my own . Although my ex had a little boy that was 8 when we divorced. He is a pretty neat little guy. Even thou he was a pain alot of the time , I enjoyed having him around.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That must have been nice---though I have often thought it must be hard on people who get involved with people with children when they break up.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
TTL.. all you can do is try to raise them right, after that there on there own ,, they have to grow by there mistakes as we all did..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts