Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Mark, I talked to Glen today he just got her home & in bed to rest, the rifle is here at the PO I'll get it Monday afternoon. Mark any news on your son???

·
Registered
10,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I picked it up today, not quite what I hoped, stock cracked scope broke. All I could think of was that old tv commercial with the gorilla load bags on the plane. It will be my last GB buy...

Reactions: 67404

·
Read Only
1,036 Posts
Well I picked it up today, not quite what I hoped, stock cracked scope broke. All I could think of was that old tv commercial with the gorilla load bags on the plane. It will be my last GB buy...
Mike,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Was it in the shipping or not full disclosure by the seller?

·
Registered
10,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I want to say shipping, but with all the pics only showing the right side the crack is on the left, but the did not look broken in the pics, but it was easy to see looking at the rifle.

Reactions: shawlerbrook

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
That is very sad. The last rifle I bought on GB came shipped in one of those cheap, black plastic cases in a cardboard box. Whenever I ship something I pack it like I expect the shippers to do their best to destroy it.

Reactions: Kendawg

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
That’s a bummer Mike, sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
10,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I have it apart it is not to bad, I wish it was not cracked , but I can close it with one hand, many Thanks to RJT & Waffletop for info.

·
Registered
10,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
well I glued the break & clamped it for 72 hrs it is hard to see ,i'll get some pics up soon, did not take one first. I am going to strip it & refinish it some dings to work over, one gouge I'll have to mess with but it looks like walnut were the gouge is. Also it looks like someone smacked it with a hammer side by side, that may be just were the gorilla jumped on it!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts