Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are allowed just ONE brand to choose your rimfire ammo from ....from now on...

What will be your brand ?

...To start...I'll go with CCI..

....2nd choice ( if I can't take CCIs)... Federals

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Eley Tenex Ultimate EPS of course. :wink:
G.M.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Andrew said:
I guess it would depend who's paying for it. . ~Andrew
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
888 Posts
:( I can't pick just one...every rimfire I ever owned has performed better with a completely different brand of ammo than the next, no two ever liking the same brand. I'd have to pick just one rimfire to own and shoot first. :? I can't do it I tell you...it isn't fair! :wink:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Well.. two out of three like CCI so I would have to go that way for now..

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Top end Lapua if I was rich. Cleanest, most consistent ammo I've ever seen in my life. The Polar Biathlon outshoots even the old dimpled case head Federal UMB's in my favourite .22!

CJ and GJ- How the heck are both of ya's??? Long time no hear :p

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
153 Posts
CCI MiniMags pretty much across the board and the guns that like it I prefer CCI Velocitors.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Aguila for me too, though I would hate to have to make that choice.

G

·
Cost is a big factor for me. High prices have weaned me from cci, but I used to shoot a lot of them. I buy only bulk packs, always HPS. Winchester functions well in all of my 22s, but doesn't seem to kill cats as well as the Federals. I just bought some more Federal LRHPs. They function very well in my autos, are accurate, and rarely havde a jam. The remmies are the worst, at least in my Ruger MK11, and Marlin mod 60. Too many misfires and squibs. I guess that #1 would be Federals, #2 winchesters, dead last, and never again, the remingtons. They used to be top notch, but in the past 10 years or so it seems the quality has slipped. POWDERMAN. :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Everyone, and every rifle has their own best brands. Ely never did anything for me, neither did CCI green tag. Seems like the best ammos were not the most expensive.

For general target shooting, I did some testing in my Izhmash Biathlon and 880sq. The ammos used were WWpowerpoint, Remington bulk, CCI minimag, Federal American Eagle, Federal gold medal target, CCI standard velocity, CCI green tag, Wolf match target, Ely target rifle, and Ely match EPS.

Best groups were had with Wolf match target. Nice groups were had with Federal gold medal target, CCI standard velocity, and Federal American Eagle. Both rifles liked the Wolf match target and CCI standard velocity, while the Federal gold medal target did well with the Izhmash and not with the 880sq. Conversly, the 880sq did better with the Federal American Eagle than did the Izhmash. If I have a choice of ammo, the ones mentioned in this paragraph are the only ones I'll consider, but both of these rifles will do well with just about any ol' thing on the shelf!

The Izhmash is the more accurate of the two rifles, but the 880sq ain't a slouch, either!

hog

The contestants:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Federal -specifically Gold medal match for target and squirrels.Shootrj2003

·
Registered
485 Posts
put me down for the federals have been happy with them for many a year i have taken some flak over them but for every day plinkin & huntin i'll stick with them :) mike243

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well untill or whenever Winchester irons out the production I'll roll with CCI.
That way I get Federal & Remington at the same time.

( from the 22wmr wise @ss ammo dept. )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts