Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Good idea, but make him change the guns to 39As and Mounties. 8) I like them a lot. :) Who's gonna pony up the necessary cash? ;D

Just for the record, I like Squirrel Logo #1 the best. 8)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yeah I go with squirrel #1.

What rifles?

Should we have an old 39 oct on top or 1897, with a 39A in the middle, and a mountie on the bottom?

Are 1897s in the club?

Matt

·
Registered
927 Posts
Oh how about a older marlin scope on the 39A, and maybe a tang site on the 1897?

Matt

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If we all can convince him to do it and buy the patent rights ;) from him I have a friend who does vinyl might make some decals of them .. Unless HotShot2 does that sorta thing for a living/hobby/pastime also.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Miller6457 said:
Yeah I go with squirrel #1.

What rifles?

Should we have an old 39 oct on top or 1897, with a 39A in the middle, and a mountie on the bottom?
I like that idea, old case-colored 39, 39A, and then 39M (squared lever).
Are 1897s in the club?

Matt
I think so, I would't like to exclude any Marlin .22 leverguns, they're all so nice...and they're all the same except for the names. ;)

HotShot2, where are you? We need a real logo!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I like the squirrel and it would work just fine for our logo.

I too would like to see it with the widest assortment of 39s possible.

A case colored 1897, a mountie, a 39D, a "Standard" 39a from the '50s with an old timey scope, and a 39AS with a modern scope on it.

But then it's getting crowded and hard to decipher. and we haven't got a single commemorative or cowboy in there.

Maybe we should keep it simple and put the most common rifle in there big enough that you can tell what it is.

Just a plain old Marlin 39a From the '50s to the '70s, just like the one most of us have.

Sometimes simplicity is best... Know What I Mean? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts