Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attached are pictures of a few of the critters I have taken for food or to protect food (sheep). The rifle is an 1894 CB mfg 1996 IIRC. The original sights were removed and it now wears a marlin folding rear sight and a SKINNER up front. I cast the LEE255RF from WW+2%Sn. It falls from my mold at .453. I lube with homemade loob.........Candle wax and Petroleum Jelly. I have taken several other deer but lack pictures. Before casting I loaded DJ cast, 300 gr TC and H110. I used this load to take a WT, the Bobcat another WT with my 45 Colt Bisley. Meat damage (I have pics if interested) was minimal.

I found this guy sleeping while checking my fences.

I snuck upon this one

IIRC, this turkey was a 85 yards.

This cat will no longer eat lambs. Being sheep and goat country, ranchers and businesses promote the thinning of predators.

Papalote

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Nice shootin'!

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey Papalote,

Way to go!

The "outdated" 45LC, still putting meat on the table, and vermin in the dirt! LOL

Later, Mark

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I hope to Use my 45LC 24 inch Cowboy to fill my Muley tag up Weber Canyon this fall you inspired me :tee:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Very Nice congrats....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.