Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day at coffee a friend began to tell us how they hunted coyote his last trip out west. He said they'd just finished a good successful mountain lion hunt. The "guide" said "you wanna see how we hunt coyote out here?!". So off they went on their mountain style sleds with the big tracks with 2" paddles (bearcats? tundras?). Anyway he said they were out riding and the sled up front kicked out a coyote from the sage brush. The fella ran the sled right up to him and flat over-ran him. The coyote flipped out the back of the track and staggered until the second sled followed up by parking on top of the confused, weary coyote. The driver just stood on the sled waiting for the little black button of a snout to pop out from under the track. As the head popped up shaking off snow the guy reached down, grabbed the coyote by the snout, hauled it out of the snow and snapped his neck. He threw the carcass at my friends feet saying "THIS is coyote hunting".

No joke, it actually happened.

We hunt them in these parts in a like manner but usually with the dogs chasing.

Perferator

·
Registered
706 Posts
I did that once back in 1969 with a VW Bus. Ran him until he dropped and then slit his throat. Now days I would shoot them. I didn't know any better back then. :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I ran a rabbit down w/a 65 red VW w/ snow tires when I was 18. That was goofy kids stuff. Killin cyots like that reminds me of some of meanest ******* tricks I witnessed growing up. Mildly amusing, they fortold of the disturbing lives those guys ended up living.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts