Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have heard mention of this place for years, and decided it was time to enlist in case I have any questions in the future. (I do have one, for another post) Santa brought me my first Marlin in 1968 or 69, when I was 8 or nine. It was a used 39A. It has seen a lot of miles. I still have it. Still shoots as good as it ever did, needs a new magazine spring though, Wolfe springs forgot it on my last order. I couldn't even guess how many rounds have gone through it, but I would guestimate at over 10K. I guess I have 5 Marlin lever guns now. 4 from 1948-1977, and one Remlington 1895. It was a bit rough, but better than I expected. I am a dinosaur and grew up on Ruger SA's and 1911's and Scout Rifles. I do own a very nice early Smith Mt. Gun in 45 LC. I like shotguns and slugs.

I grew up on a horse / open range in N. Kali (when things were lots better) then on to Alaska, spent some time in Idaho off an on, been stuck on the wet side of Washington since 1980. I was a Bear hunting addict. Since hounds are outlawed I am in remission :(

I probably can't contribute much but maybe a story or two, but hope to find an answer to any problems I run across. Murphy seems to love me every so often :(

I also like good bourbon and dark roast coffee. I only drink beer while on the riding lawn mower, (or when BBQ'ing in summer). For some reason it runs on MGD

I do Security work and have a small machine shop at home for 20 years. The older I get the more it seems I have to work. Go figure.

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Cowboyup53 welcome to the forum :tee: And ya don't need a dog to hunt bear :ahhhhh: but I prefer something bigger than a switch :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And ya don't need a dog to hunt bear :ahhhhh: but I prefer something bigger than a switch :biggrin:
True. Baiting is also illegal, a couple years ago I left the dogs 15 gal tub of dog food and Molassas outside, (I forgot) something ate it.
Bashful son of a *****. And my little 11 yo Mini Pin disappeared at 5 a.m. one morning this last Jan. Smallest bear scat I have ever seen
in the yard. But, it could have been the local Cougar also. Hard telling. Not a sign of him. No bark, no collar left behind, nothing. I have
seen a few run across the highway down south across I-90. Bashful buggers in my area.

·
Premium Member
6,507 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Welcome to the forums and to the Marlinitis addiction from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee! We have bears all over the place around here, but they're just Black Bears. I love watching them, from a distance. They are remarkable critters! Hey, we would love to see pictures of those Marlins you own. Kinda helps Marlin addicts (like me) to keep my head on straight! We're glad that you joined us!

Ron

·
Premium Member
15,419 Posts
welcome from Texas

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome to the Family

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Hey Cowboyup, welcome to MO from Cali (or Kali).

I bet you have more than stories to share around here, but it's all appreciated.

Brocky

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners from a little piece of Heaven in Sullivan County, the Gem of the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania.

Coyote222

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome from SW Virgina, as to the bear hunting poick up a .45-70 and some buffalo bore rounds and you should be fine. Since I live in the city I am trying to find somewhere to hunt.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Welcome from Illinois....and by the way, those stories will be very welcome. You'll find this a wonderful place to pass time when a few free minutes become available, and some great support for those questions that come up too.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana. No bears here except for those in police cruisers. :) We do get an occasional cougar and bobcats are on the increase. Yotes are plentiful though and help keep the suburban cat population down.
I only drink beer while on the riding lawn mower,
My lawn is too rough beer just foams over. I do smoke cigars when mowing, kind of looks like I have a steam powered Deere.
Try some real maple syrup in that bourbon and coffee sometime :biggrin: :tee:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum........................

1 - 20 of 32 Posts