Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I stumbled across this forum while searching for a part, while my experience is pretty limited with Marlins specifically (grew up with a magazine fed glenfield Marlin model 60) I have been around a lot of firearms that I enjoy.

My most recent acquisition was this 91 (I think?) 1895G .45-70. Unfortunately the stock had a fault in the grain and has failed. I’m not the type to join a forum and immediately run to the classifieds, but with this situation I’m kind of hankering to make this old girl whole again. Until I purchased this, I didn’t know Marlin had changed hands and parts were unobtainable.

Air gun Sleeve Trigger Wood Revolver

I do look forward to chatting with y’all, I try to check in on a daily basis.

Also have a question, figure someone here might know. What’s the deal with the dot on this stock? I didn’t know if it was an additional sling mount hole or similar.

Wood Sleeve Grey Collar Beige

I appreciate it!

- T.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NC’ite too. Good luck on your stock search. Ebay is a good place to start.

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
Welcome from Central North Carolina! It should be relatively easy to get a replacement stock, but it might be semi costly for wood. Laminates seem to abound at fairly decent prices though.

·
Super Moderator
35,946 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.
Too bad you don't have the wood that broke off. It's fixable.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Mo. You should not have a problem finding a stock. Other parts can be a little hard to find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The picture was posted by another member disappointed that you beat him to it. Don't worry he'll probably see this and let you know.

You got a good deal and finding a replacement stock should be easy enough.
Oh, whoops. The fella left his number on the ad and I called him to ask if it was available. Turned out it was 20 minutes from me and the guy was free to meet.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Yet another TarHeel Welcome from both ends of our Great State. If we could get rid of Cooper it would be better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello from Ohio. Sad that it broke, I love those marlin guide gun stocks. It should not be hard to find a new stock, you can also look into custom stocks though they may be more expensive. I know that Boyd’s gun stocks aren’t too expensive for a custom one.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Greetings from WNC. I'm a CFF member and arrived too late or I would have snatched that up myself. That was a good catch on that rifle. I hope you have good luck with it.
Welcome to MO.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Another Carolinian owner of a buffalo gun. If you have the missing piece of the stock, Tite Bond glue will make a strong repair if properly clamped. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Welcome aboard from Pa. As some othershave stated.... Ebay, Marlin Owners and other online sites are great places to start for possibly picking up a stock. Shouldnt be too difficult. Best of luck with your new purchase.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts