Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new to the marlin scene, just brought my first one home last night. bit of a story: i work at a gun shop and had to go up front to talk to my boss, she had an old levergun on her desk and i asked what was up. she tells me it's broken and someone surrendered it, so she's gonna have it sent out ot be destroyed unless someone offers her like 25 bucks as-is.
so 25 bucks later i'm now the proud owner of a Marlin model 1895 in .40-82, produced 1897, hoping to find a community that can help me get it shooting again.
so far the only thing i can confirm is wrong with it is the hammer spring. the bore's pretty dark, but i can still see the rifling.

but yeah, i'm just a nerd who spends too much time and effort on old and weird guns, planning on going to school for gunsmithing in the fall after wasting most of my 20s trying to become a white collar paper-chaser. nothing else exciting to report really

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio.

Sounds like a great deal you fell into. Some one will be along shortly to help you out.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

Reactions: moon

·
Super Moderator
15,410 Posts
Welcome from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The "Original 444 Marlin®" Country!
Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

Reactions: moon

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
Welcome from Central NYS and good for you for saving that old piece of Marlin history!

Reactions: 94win30wcf

·
Registered
22,111 Posts
welcome from upstate ny. thanks for saving that gun. yrs ago a friend of mine worked in a landfill. cameras everywhere of course. anyway he saw an old lady tossing bags of trash in a bin. THEN SHE STARTED TOSSING GUNS IN! he approached her and asked her what are you doing? its just my husbands old junk!. tape changed the guns well:flute::flute: Winnies Marlins.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts