Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've discovered a genetic predisposition favoring Marlin rifles, so I'm checking in. Along with shooting and loading, I ride motorcycles and try to do just enough to keep my girlfriend happy.

'bout 'them Marlin's - which one of you suspects thought it was cute teaching these rascals how to multiply? Earlier this year my father gifted me my very first rifle - a Marlin-Glenfield Model 25 - I had no idea my folks had held onto it for the 30+ years since I graduated H.S. Last year I decided to get myself a good 22 rifle and chose a plain jane 795 which I immediately shoved into a Badger M22 bullpup stock. Had the barrel cut to 16, target crowned and threaded at Ranger Point Precision. While I was there I caught the lever bug. Before I knew it I got a JM barreled 336. Fast forward to 2017 and I accidentally popped into a Papoose build thread at rimfire central. Well I finally scored a ratty old Papoose last weekend and I had it at Ranger Point Precision before they closed on Saturday. Finally, I learned about the heavy barreled 7000's when I was deciding on the 795. Well, on Sunday, I happened into a 7000T for sale. By Tuesday I'd had enough of trying to save a couple bucks by bidding like I was willing to lose and I mashed the Buy it Now with authority.

So without even realizing that I have a problem I have collected: a 22 bolt, a bullpup 22 autoloader, a breakdown 22 autoloader, a target 22 autoloader and a 30/30 lever. Don't let me see a deal on a big loop 45/70 guide gun or finish learning up enough about the 39 to start a search. It's downright worrisome. It's worrisome 'cause it's 5 Marlins in a collection exactly 7.5 rifles deep (the half indicates one lower with two uppers - the second is valued as a half rifle).

So, I'm Dred from Texas. My problems include 1911s, Motorcycles and Marlins - I like my problems.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Houstonian...where do you shoot?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Howdy from South East Alaska!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome from Alabama.... Pics are a must from new members.... :rock:
Welcome aboard from Delaware, Dred. Got any pic's of that collection?
Pics will come soon. The papoose is at the smith and the target has got to travel here from rural VA.

Theres a name for what you got
HOOT ... well we should cross "Money" off the list of possibles. Some folks would put funds aside when they start a search - I just sorta rely on timing. I'm feeling a little squeezed.

Welcome from a fellow Houstonian...where do you shoot?
Member at Bayou Rifles (mostly Juliff), private land near Needville (building backstop), and several public ranges see me occasionally..

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum from the Panhandle of Texas, glad to have you join in. Proceed with caution!! Folks here will be glad to help increase your addiction and spend your money,,,

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Welcome from Southern Pelosi

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Welcome from Central NY !

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy... and hey, your just getting started... I see a .35 rem and a 444 in the future for you as well, ha! Have fun...

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from New York.

Reactions: Dred
1,872 Posts
I've discovered a genetic predisposition favoring Marlin rifles, so I'm checking in. Along with shooting and loading, I ride motorcycles and try to do just enough to keep my girlfriend happy.

'bout 'them Marlin's - which one of you suspects thought it was cute teaching these rascals how to multiply? Earlier this year my father gifted me my very first rifle - a Marlin-Glenfield Model 25 - I had no idea my folks had held onto it for the 30+ years since I graduated H.S. Last year I decided to get myself a good 22 rifle and chose a plain jane 795 which I immediately shoved into a Badger M22 bullpup stock. Had the barrel cut to 16, target crowned and threaded at Ranger Point Precision. While I was there I caught the lever bug. Before I knew it I got a JM barreled 336. Fast forward to 2017 and I accidentally popped into a Papoose build thread at rimfire central. Well I finally scored a ratty old Papoose last weekend and I had it at Ranger Point Precision before they closed on Saturday. Finally, I learned about the heavy barreled 7000's when I was deciding on the 795. Well, on Sunday, I happened into a 7000T for sale. By Tuesday I'd had enough of trying to save a couple bucks by bidding like I was willing to lose and I mashed the Buy it Now with authority.

So without even realizing that I have a problem I have collected: a 22 bolt, a bullpup 22 autoloader, a breakdown 22 autoloader, a target 22 autoloader and a 30/30 lever. Don't let me see a deal on a big loop 45/70 guide gun or finish learning up enough about the 39 to start a search. It's downright worrisome. It's worrisome 'cause it's 5 Marlins in a collection exactly 7.5 rifles deep (the half indicates one lower with two uppers - the second is valued as a half rifle).

So, I'm Dred from Texas. My problems include 1911s, Motorcycles and Marlins - I like my problems.
Another case of Marlinitis. Welcome to the club! It's been great working with you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts