Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
They are fun, no matter what weight. I find anything over 350 grains to be more noticeable in my light CBA. Lighter than the Guide Gun, and no recoil pad.
Do you know what velocity the 405 grain loads you were shooting ? If they were Buffalo Bore or heavy hand loads then yes, 405's are brutal at 1600 fps and up. The 405's aren't too bad at Trapdoor velocities.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buffalo bore 2000 fps around 3500 ft lbs. They wore me out. Don't really have a need for them just wanted to see it's capabilities with the different rounds. All ran well and were accurate after I got my scope zeroed.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Your probably only getting about 100fps slower out of your barrel. And yes, the buffalo bore are punching out there pretty fast. I put a recoil pad on mine and it tames that beast down to a tolerable level. If you handload that is where the fun really begins with this fine old caliber. Welcome to the forum and glad to have you aboard.

Reactions: Victor N TN

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
Hey Memphis before you give up on the 405 gr bullet try some remington corelokts or some other tamer cartridges than the buffalo bore. The ones that I did not like were the 300gr BB, they really were brutal to shoot.

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
Welcome from The Old North State !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.