Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to you carry rimfire ammo in the field? I need a way to carry loose 22's for my Sportster , so they won't end up in the clothes dryer! Boy, does that piss her off! :shock:

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
i use old Pipe tobacco cans for all ammo in the field.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The neatest way to carry rounds for tube feeders is to make up some short plastic tubes you can load rounds into. If you can rig it right, you can simply place the tubing over the end of the magazine (tube) and pull a cotter pin, dumping the rounds into the magazine. I had a friend that did this. He got the idea from watching the guy load .22s at a shooting gallery. He made up 5 or 7 round tubes -I forget which- as they fit into his jacket pocket. It worked pretty slick.

For detachable magazine guns I carry one extra magazine loaded and then a box of cartridges. A fanny pack works great for hunting stuff. you are always ready and the live rounds never rattle around in the dryer. ~Andrew

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Let's see.....tube holds 15 and the limit on squirrel was 6, so I only had to load 6....no problem. :p :p :wink:

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I figured Tubby held the extras in his cheek. :wink:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
VTDW said:
I figured Tubby held the extras in his cheek. :wink:
The Red Man really F's up the works, too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I posted this once before but I guess it's good for one more shot.

Beeman Leather pellet pouch. Spring loaded top with belt loop. Works great at the range too.

DG

·
Registered
455 Posts
smoke810 said:
I posted this once before but I guess it's good for one more shot.

Beeman Leather pellet pouch. Spring loaded top with belt loop. Works great at the range too.

DG
Thanks for the post -- that looks like it would work very well. I will try to get one ...

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
I carry 2 extra 7 shot clips for my M2 in my game vest pocket.For my loose 22s I'v a soft leather pouch with a pucker-string in my pocket.
The wife learned many years ago to ramsack ALL my pockets before doing the laundry"GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT MIGHT BE IN THERE"

·
Registered
688 Posts
I use the box and put it in a pocket which won't crush it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The good thing about the Beeman Pouch is that you can open and close it with one hand and the opening is wide enough to get your hand into even with a glove if necessary.

If you shoot single shot rifles like I do most of the time, you just have to have one of these.

Just my .02 cents

DG

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
smoke810 said:
The good thing about the Beeman Pouch is that you can open and close it with one hand and the opening is wide enough to get your hand into even with a glove if necessary.

If you shoot single shot rifles like I do most of the time, you just have to have one of these.

Just my .02 cents

DG
Yeah, that Beeman Pouch looks like the way to go. I'm going to look for around for one. Any idea where I might find one?
Thanks for all the ideas!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try Champion's Shooter supply.

DG

Yeah, that Beeman Pouch looks like the way to go. I'm going to look for around for one. Any idea where I might find one?
Thanks for all the ideas![/quote]

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use the little, round, orange case the size of a chewing tobacco can, that some type of 22 shells used to come in...CCI, I think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I always carry a backpack with with survival equipment and about 300 rounds. You never know when you are going to get lost and have to survive for two month in the 10 acres i hunt. :shock:

4 days to squirrel season....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I carry an extra mag (10-22) and PREVIOUSLY would carry extra's in my pocket.......until my wife found one clinking in the dryer.

That was reality. I would not want one of them going off in there...she might sell my .22s on me :lol:

Perferator

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Perferator said:
I carry an extra mag (10-22) and PREVIOUSLY would carry extra's in my pocket.......until my wife found one clinking in the dryer.

That was reality. I would not want one of them going off in there...she might sell my .22s on me :lol:

Perferator
I hear you! That's the reason for my asking in the first place! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Perferator said:

Perferator
Just tell her you were doing extreme, hot weather ammo testing.....She wouldn't want ammo going off on you in the desert, would she?? Better the dryer than your pocket, right :wink: :roll:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts