Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a marlin 336 30-30 made in 1983. The gun does not have a but stock on it and I am trying to find out how do I tell if it take sthe straight stock or the pistol grip stock? Any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the lever is curved and I am hoping that means pistol grip. I have another gun with the straight stock and I don't like the way it feels.

·
Registered
603 Posts
sounds like a pistol grip. if you can post a pic we can confirm for you.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
db81, welcome to MO! From the way you describe your Marlin I'd say it has a pistol grip stock. You might be able to purchase one from Marlin/Remington or check out Macon gunstocks in Lincoln, Mo. They do have a website with pictures of stocks for all the Marlins and the pictures will make you drool. Again, welcome and enjoy yourself here, John.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all. I got the gun from my uncle when he moved to tailand and could not take his guns. I have been wanting one for a long time and now I cannot wait to get a chance to take it out and shoot it. Now all I need to do is order the stock and find someone willing to teach and take me dear hunting. Have always wanted to do that as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts