Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My house is on the market. Realtor of prospective buyer leads the way into the unfinished part of the basement. As she entered, she saw my waterfowl chest waders hanging up in the middle of the room and thought she walked in on a suicide. That realtor told our realtor who told my wife. Wife told me to remove my waders. I told wife, "I'm not moving my waders so some namby-pamby snowflake from the city doesn't scare herself to death."

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
My realtor wanted me to take down my 13 point buck when she took pictures.
I did, because I didn't want anyone thinking that the deer came with the house. I told her that they had to get their own!! :flute:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
That's pretty funny. Maybe add a jacket to the waders so it has some arms. lol
But like other's said, if you want to sell the house, you might not want to scare away the realtor or potential buyers.. just a thought.

i have a house story.. When the wife & I went house shopping. There was this one house that the realtor was a little leary about walking through because it was renovated/rebuilt from a fire. I asked how bad was the fire & if anyone was home (died) during the fire. She said she didn't know if anyone died in the fire. But I did get that cold feeling walking around the house & I could still smell an odor even with new sheetrock & flesh paint. I asked to see the basement & the realtor just pointed at the basement door as she refused to go down to show it. I went down to the basement & I did notice that some of the beams were still charred from the fire.
The realtor did tell me a story about an associate that went to show a house to a guy & she was raped and murdered in the house that she was showing.

My investment partner won't walk through a empty foreclosure. He usually waits until I arrive and let me go in first. When I walk into the foreclosures I ask him "what's that noise? (he gets a little nervous) And he ask, what noise? I say, "that clucking noise" oh, it's the chicken behind me. :wink:

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
We looked at a house once that had two big, heavy-duty dog pens built in either the basement or garage, with two massive German Shepards in them that were just going INSANE at us! That was fun......

Reactions: MidBigWest

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Every once in a while you read about someone showing a house that is attacked. I guess most of the folks in real estate have an aversion to carrying a concealed firearm. But lets face it no one ever attacked an armed citizen at least not for very long.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess you showed her.

Personally I would listen to the realtor since that is what you are paying her for.
I am not paying the "snowflake" realtor. MY realtor has never told me to take down the waders. As a matter of fact, the prospective buyer (the person using the "snowflake" realtor) apparently is a hunter and thought the incident amusing. The only one who didn't is HIS realtor, and she isn't a buyer!

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
The waders needs a shirt or jacket with a manican head with a wig on it....and lot of fake blood poured on the floor below.

Hey... if ya gonna scare someone..scare 'em real good.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry Judson,

But you ARE paying the snowflake realtor.

Half of the commission you owe to your agent goes to the Buyer's agent, immediately out of your funds at closing.
While that is true, the snowflake realtor is not a prospective buyer so I see no need to store my waders in a different manner. Of all the prospective buyers that have been through (along with their various realtors), that particular one is the only person that I know of who has been "freaked out." I wasn't home, and thus never met her, but she's probably one of those people that jumps and gasps when startled. You know the kind (my wife can be one of them at times).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.