Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a remington model 14 in 35rem and have not shot anything other than factory amunition in it. I think it should be a 1930's or 1920's vintage and I believe it has a 1927 date stamped in the barrel. How does the model 14 compare to the 336 in strength? Does anyone Know its designed working pressures? I believe that it was only chanbered for the 30rem, 32rem & 35rem cartidges. Is the 30rem a 42,000psi cartridge like the 30-30win? This is a 14 not the newer 141.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi, I don't know the pressures they were designed for. I have a few model 14's and think they are an extremely fine rifle! They were also chambered for the 25 Remington. Then you also had your 14 1/2 that was chambered in 44-40 and 38-40. These are all fairly low pressure cartridges and I think I would stay with the factory ammo pressures. The dates stamped on your rifle are just patent dates. If you want to date your rifle you need to go by your serial number. Post it or get it to me and I'll let you know. As an aside, I just put an old Marbles tang sight on one of my 35's and at 75 yards I didn't have any groups over 1 1/2". The last group cut one ragged hole dead center! These were great guns!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
stick to your factory loads in the model 14.it is a fine rifle but isn`t strong like the newer 760.You will be asking for trouble if you load any hoter than what the manuels show.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts