Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I can admit it I like the 41 magnum :hmmmm: why because it is some what obscure so my question to you is how hard will it be to find an 1894 in 41 magnum and how rare are they thanks guys

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
I see them for sale occasionally, but don't know how many were actually made etc. I do notice most ask a pretty penny for them though. If I had a handgun in the caliber I might be more tempted, but a bit out of my price range considering. Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I like the 41 magnum too. I reckon I better like em, I have 3 Ruger Blackhawks and 2 1894 Marlins in 41 mag. Got the 3rd Blackhawk yesterday from son in law needin some money. I have thought about sellin my FG and keepin the S with the straight stock, but haven't completely convinced myself to do it....yet. :questionmark:

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I don't know the actual numbers, but they made a lot fewer than the 357 and 44mags. As a general rule, the fewer that are available, the higher the price.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't know the actual numbers, but they made a lot fewer than the 357 and 44mags. As a general rule, the fewer that are available, the higher the price.
I bought a new Marlin 1894S .41 Mag. in 1987 to go along with my S&W 57 .41 Mag., which I bought new in 1980. Great combo for bustin' around out in the woods. I attended the NRA Nat'l. Convention in Anaheim, Calif., in 1991 (?) and among the myriad booths was the Marlin Co. booth.

I talked for awhile with one of their reps and during the conversation brought up the fact I owned an 1894S .41 Mag rifle. He asked me if I wanted to sell it? I said "No," but then asked why he didn't just go down on the factory floor and pick one up?

He said they were no longer made and the original run was only 1,200 in .41 Mag. He gave me his card and said if I ever wanted to sell it, give him a call.

I still have the rifle and carry it quite often out in the mountains along with my S&W 57.

L.W.

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Generally, $900-$1200.

But lots of those that have 'em seem to think they're the best pistol-caliber Marlin around.

I do. It's my favorite Blackhawk, too.

Good luck, they're out there, but you gotta look, and be ready.

Brocky

Reactions: dwillis4

·
Banned
4,732 Posts
I see them on a weekly basis. Usually between $435 and $540 depending on where or how long its been there.

Been seeing lots of 44's in the used racks too, like brand new in the price range above. Not just Marlins, but Winchesters, and Brownings too.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I see them on a weekly basis. Usually between $435 and $540 depending on where or how long its been there.

Been seeing lots of 44's in the used racks too, like brand new in the price range above. Not just Marlins, but Winchesters, and Brownings too.

Are the Marlins that cheap? I would buy one in a heartbeat for $400-500. Or are you just talking about the winchesters/rossi etc?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts

Uh if your seeing marlins at that price send me the info I would love another one
i will deal with the store directly
or a ported 38/357

·
Banned
4,732 Posts
PM sent. Yes the Marlins are the cheapest. The most expensive 44 mag I saw was in Austin, think it was a Uberti 1873 rifle for around $1200. The Winchesters were ranging from $450-$800 and the Browning 92's for maybe $650. I've also seen several Rugers and a #3 that I watched a guy at a pawn shop scoop up ahead of me for $435. Maybe its the ammo situation making people dump the 44, I don't know.

I have a trick for you guys too. If you are negotiating with Marlin 1894's, pull that lever off in front of the sales person and show them that line cut across the carrier. Tell them you are taking a risk and see what they will do for you.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
PM sent. Yes the Marlins are the cheapest. The most expensive 44 mag I saw was in Austin, think it was a Uberti 1873 rifle for around $1200. The Winchesters were ranging from $450-$800 and the Browning 92's for maybe $650. I've also seen several Rugers and a #3 that I watched a guy at a pawn shop scoop up ahead of me for $435. Maybe its the ammo situation making people dump the 44, I don't know.

I have a trick for you guys too. If you are negotiating with Marlin 1894's, pull that lever off in front of the sales person and show them that line cut across the carrier. Tell them you are taking a risk and see what they will do for you.
Yeah....I would love to know where these cheap Marlins are. Cheapest ive seen is 800-900 for a excellent condition 1894 in 41 mag, or a rare 44. (1894FG or 1894P).

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ok guys I can admit it I like the 41 magnum :hmmmm: why because it is some what obscure so my question to you is how hard will it be to find an 1894 in 41 magnum and how rare are they thanks guys
I was able to pick one up from a member here a few years ago. Post in the WTB section that you're looking for one, and see what comes out of the woodwork.

I wanted one because I had a Tracker in .41RemMag, and wanted to have an economy of ammo during the dark years of '08-'09! :) They're a dream to shoot--heavy bullets, great energy, with pistol-level recoil.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.