Marlin Firearms Forum banner

How rare are the original Camp 9 4 round magazines.

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Mongo444 
#1 ·
I recently thought about letting go of my 9N, then I was told that the 4 round magazines were not common at all. I have both original 4 & 12 round magazines are either one that rare.
thanks.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Marlin Camp mag's

It appears that the Camp 9 shipped with 4 round mag's in only two years of production, '90 and '91. Prior years ('85-89) shipped with 12 round mag's, and then again for 3 years '92-94, and then with 10 round mag's '95-99 (or probably '00, even though the Camp's weren't in the catalog). I presume the 4's were also available as an accessory, at least for those two years '90-91, although I would hazard a guess that the higher capacity offerings (10, 12 and 20's) were more popular over the production of the Camps.

All Marlin (with the orange follower) Camp mag's are spendy, and seem to start in the $50 range, and I've not seen many 4 round mag's for sale. So, can't really put anything more qualitative or a number on "rare", but they are rather uncommon. Mag's for the S&W (which fit the Camp), however, are everywhere.

That's my input; I hope it helps, and expect somebody else will be along shortly with other or more info for you.

#3 ·
I have seen a lot of 10/12 round mags for sale . (They must be the most common)
Rarely I will see a 20 rounder and ,yes , even rarer that I see a 4 round.
Marlin called the 4 round magzine a "hunting clip" in it's owners manual.

Reactions: Martinmja
#5 ·
I've had four Camp, 9s, and one did come with a 4-rd. magazine. I didn't think anything of it other than, how silly. I always had S&W 5900 series magazines around to use, and don't remember if I ever even used the 4 rounder. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some premium on the 4 rounder now, since I no longer own one:rolleyes:

Attachments

#13 ·
I am embarrassed to say this, but until a couple of weeks ago, I don't believe I'd ever heard of a Marlin Camp 9. I joined the Forum today and have been seeing much about them, so I went back to where I'd seen that Camp 9 and it's still where I saw it (local FTF trade site). It is the SS "All Weather" version with all the stickers still on it. Looks like a 1992 model based on the Serial Number. Super clean and very pristine, but for close to $1000, it seems a bit pricey. Don't know...

Given the fact that I already have two older Ruger PC9s that, between the two have MAYBE 50 rounds through them (pretty sure I haven't even fired one of them), I don't need another 9mm rifle of any kind. I certainly wouldn't mind owning a Campy, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.