Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are rare indeed. I've never actually seen one in th flesh. I can't imagine a handier carry rifle, though. Do there usually command a much higher price than regular 336's? If so, how much. Where this is leading is my beginning to want to own one!

G

·
They only made them for about three years. But I expect if you look on gunsamerica and gunbroker you can still find a new one. I bought mine a couple years ago, the stock is alittle short for me so when I plan on shooting it I take the stock off my 1894FG and put it on the Y.

·
Registered
25 Posts
demented- doc holliday has/had a spikehorn for sale. give him a shout. they are rare. i looked nationwide for one and the only place to find them now is from a individual willing to part. unless a store owner rat-holed one somewhere, you probably won't find one from a dealer.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
They have one here on display.. 454 asking price . can get a 45/70 for that..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reid, Would you be interested in giving a line by line on how to accomplish this? What steps, what parts will need replacing and sources? You may have hit on a way to make yourself some extra cash, too. There may be a market for this "conversion" you've come up with. How did you move your front sight dovetail?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Actually all I did was take it to a gunsmith. I bought the rifle for $150 at a pawn shop and had the barrel and magazine cut and a trigger and action job done. $150 more, so $300 total and no cross bolt safty.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Local gun store in town has two of them. Their prices are usually high but they might cut a deal to get rid of them. I know they've had them for at least a year now. Texas Gun is it's name. They are located on Bandera Road in San Antonio, Texas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts