Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello kind gentlemen :)

Gotta question for you all.

A lady at work is trying to sell her late dad's rifles and she got two that I took from her for cleaning/evaluating. Planning to go shoot both of them at the range this weekend.
They are 22 cal.

* Marlin 39A serial number B1634
* Action and barrel condition - 95 to 100 %%
* Stock: front is 90%, back (butt) is very poor. Looks like someone drilled it to secure the action left to right. Has three small holes on the left and one big one on the right with the screw through it to secure the action. Stock needs to be refinished.
* Bore 100%. Shiny like there is no tomorrow
* regular open sights

The rifle was not shot in about 30 or more years.

* Winchester 68-22, single shot
* Barrel and action 90%
* Stock 95%
* Bore 100%
* Peep rear sight

Must be as old as the other one

I would like to know what she can expect if she sells these fine firearms.

Thank you so much :)

Cheers,
Mad

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The 39-A is a hard one to call. It will be difficult determining a value for it with the butt-stock in the condition it's in. You might try posting this question on the Marlin Collector's page here at Marlin Owners.

The 68 seems to command a premium these days, especially for one of the earlier ones. I've seen them go for as much as 300 bucks on the gun auction sites. Of, course, this depends on condition and variation- eg: grasping groove fore-end stock, chromed or blued bolt handle, and presence, or lack of scope grooves on the reciever. Which peep is on it will have effect on value too. Some of the old seemingly simple Winchester peeps are worth a pretty penny these days...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc,

I really appriciate your input :)
I might take them to the gun show to see if some one can give me a price.

Cheers,

Mad

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
If you don't have a 39 scarf that one up.. its a goody.. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts