Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys going to start pan lubing soon and was going to order up some bac from whitelabel. what i was wondering is what is a good # of sticks to start out with? figured i would run bac on standard pressure .44mag, 45acp, and .380 acp. then i would run carnuba red on heavy .44mag, and then prolly 2500+ on the .35 rem once i cast for it.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Depends on the size (volume) of the container you are going to melt the lube in and how much displacement (volume of boolits) you will be doing.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Keep it simple. Stick to one lube, 2500 or BAC.
Like VTDW said it depends on the size of the pan, start by ordering 6 or 8 sticks, that will do a LOT of bullets.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
This is interesting what's pan lubing?

T ??? NY

·
Registered
54 Posts
Using the pan you'll pan lube with. Fill with water to the level you'll need. Poor into a meassure. With wax lube a pint is very close to a pound. Thus if you have 8 OZ in the meassure you want 8 oz of lube plus what you will use.

You can buy blocks or the big comercial 2 inch sticks and it's usually cheeper per pound.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Who sell a block of lube white label? The only block I see on their website is bees wax 50/50.

T :) NY

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Three sticks should be the minimum you want to start with. That wont do a very big pan at all. If you plan on pan lubing theres really no need to buy it in sticks if you can buy a block.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I checked out my reloading bench and went through all the new Lee sizer I bought. I have 28 ounces of lee Alox in 4 ounce bottles so I ordered a WaxMeister Tool with extra cal. attachments. I might as well give the Dipping Liquid Alox technique a shot ::). I went through the box of old cookware and found two 10" frying pans one cast iron the other a heavy aluminum both would be good for pan lubing. The next thing I must do is either fabricate or see if I can order .340" for a 338 cal. .311" for 308 cal. .323" for 32 spl. cal. I'll see when the Waxmeister comes. The caliber attachments look like copper tubing or brass. It should be easy to work with copper or brass tubing.

T ;) NY

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
308/338 said:
I checked out my reloading bench and went through all the new Lee sizer I bought. I have 28 ounces of lee Alox in 4 ounce bottles so I ordered a WaxMeister Tool with extra cal. attachments. I might as well give the Dipping Liquid Alox technique a shot ::). I went through the box of old cookware and found two 10" frying pans one cast iron the other a heavy aluminum both would be good for pan lubing. The next thing I must do is either fabricate or see if I can order .340" for a 338 cal. .311" for 308 cal. .323" for 32 spl. cal. I'll see when the Waxmeister comes. The caliber attachments look like copper tubing or brass. It should be easy to work with copper or brass tubing.

T ;) NY
We currently have a .312 cutter offered but it is not on the website yet. The rest would be pretty easy to make. It would be $15 for the three of them and I can invoice you through PayPal if you want them. The cutters are made from 45-70 brass and the WaxMeister will accept any brass that has close base and rim dimensions. One customer has used a 7.62 x 54R piece of brass to make a cutter. If you have a piece of brass that will work simply drill a 17/64 hole where the primer pocket is. We can also offer a ring made from a 45-70 case that will fit any 30-30 based cartridge so it can be held in the WaxMeister. On some it can just be pressed onto the case and other require it be soldered onto the case. I can sell them for $2.50 shipped. See the below picture.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
mebe007 said:
hey guys going to start pan lubing soon and was going to order up some bac from whitelabel. what i was wondering is what is a good # of sticks to start out with? figured i would run bac on standard pressure .44mag, 45acp, and .380 acp. then i would run carnuba red on heavy .44mag, and then prolly 2500+ on the .35 rem once i cast for it.
If you really want to know exactly how much to order go to the local grocery or hardware store and buy some paraffin for canning and use it on a trial run to see exactly how much you need.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just ended up maxing out a flat rate envelope with whitelabel and got 24 sticks to start with. 18 bac and 6 carnuba red

·
Registered
494 Posts
white label lube is good stuff i like the red in my 450 with a little heat to make it flow

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
If yo uare going to go with White Label, contact them. I bought, I think, BAC. What they recommended as best for pan lubing. And got it in bulk lb blocks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts