Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
A bunch, is pretty safe to guess, but if we knew just what stripped receiver you have in hand, it might help get a closer estimate.:biggrin:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
At least its a late gun I suppose is the sunny way to consider it, pre 64 parts are getting spendy. Having the bolt and lever are also two major pieces that are handy, just hope they might not be stripped too.

I would throw an educated WAG out there, and say it gonna eat up a 500 dollar bill at minimum or you might find some passed away gunsmiths yard sale, for example a stock and fore end unless you just happen to find a set cheap gonna be 100 bucks. Numrich has various barrels and lots of the odds and ends for the commemorative guns, bands etc.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I can get the receiver, barrel, mag tube, lever, bolt, stock set (requires finishing), and maybe a trigger & locking block or lifter for $125. I've been wanting a project gun to turn into a 16", but don't have the heart to chop a nice one. This may be right up my alley if it can be done for $400 or so.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
grab it. I rebuilt a 32-40 circa 1916 if I remember right, for less than 300.00
take your time and ebay is your friend. barrel and tube in hand saves you a pretty penny. Hammer's can be had for around 30-40$.
screw kits can be had for about 30. it seems to me all the internals ran about 25-30 bucks each.
when you are done and fire it it is a good feeling to know you rescued a gun from the scrap heap. if you still have your eyes and fingers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.