Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guy's I know it's a Winnie but my wife went into work this AM and and an old gal who's husband passed away afew months ago is trying to get an idea on the worth of a 32 special.Very old but in A-1 condition and I have know idea.

It is a Winchester Mod 94 with open sites and leather sling serial number 1186131 and in execellant condition.The local gun shop offered 400 bucks on the spot which made her wonder the actual worth.To me it sounded fair but I have know idea and she asked if I wouldn't ask around.

Thanks.Jayco.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Tell her to take that $400 and run with it.
That is about the most it is worth, and frankly, unless it is some kind of limited edition, I would have to question the smarts of the gun dealer.
I am just not used to them paying full price for anything.
The winnies aren't as valuable as the Marlins, IMHO, and a Marlin 336 in 32WSP can be had for that or less in A-1 shape.
I will do a bit more research and see if anything has changed in the last month or so.
Ranger

·
Registered
92 Posts
$400.00 for a Mod 64 Winchester in 32 WSP, not for a Mod 94 :?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If it is a standard carbine or a standard rifle in great shape, it should bring more than $400, but if someone drilled holes in it to install the sling swivels, it is no longer "cherry" to a collector. If it has factory sling swivels, that's a plus.
Without seeing it or at least a picture of it, it is very hard to say. If a dealer offered her $400 on the spot for it, he probably thinks it's worth at least double that.
She is going to have to hold onto it until she finds someone who will tell her what it's worth. There has to be somebody around there who will honestly tell her what it's worth.
Post a pic if you can. For $400 dollars for a pre war serial number gun in great shape, I'd almost buy it sight unseen.

G

·
Last year I sold my 1955 Winchester Model 94 30-30 for $450. It was a consignment at a California Gun Shop, so they took 15%. It was in excellent shape but was not as accurate as my Marlin Model 336.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts