1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you use the .264 Win mag and what kind do you have? reflex264

G

·
Been down that road twice :D First was a Pre-64 Model 70 with 26" pipe, this gun really liked 120 grain ballistic tips and IMR4831. My second was a stainless 700BDL with 26" pipe, I believe this was a speciel run Accu Sport did 4 years ago, anyway this rifle was pure death with Hornady 129 grain SST's and 130 grain Barnes X bullets . Sadly they were sold or traded for other things :? But if they come out with another run of the Remington I may have to give it another try :!:

·
Registered
148 Posts
The guy that sold me my Marlin 93 32Win Spl was also selling a Pre-64 model 70 for about $450-500 in damn nice shape.

I really wish I would have grabbed it up, but after paying for the Marlin I was broke.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My primary hunting rifle is a Ruger M77 in 264 win mag. I typically use a load of 62gr of IMR4831 under 140gr partitions which yields ~3100 fps and excellent performance in the field on deer and elk. I just wish ruger would have made the rifle with a 26 inch bbl. I've had the rifle for ~15 years, and it will continue to be my main choice in the field.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
6pt-sika said:
Been down that road twice :D First was a Pre-64 Model 70 with 26" pipe, this gun really liked 120 grain ballistic tips and IMR4831. My second was a stainless 700BDL with 26" pipe, I believe this was a speciel run Accu Sport did 4 years ago, anyway this rifle was pure death with Hornady 129 grain SST's and 130 grain Barnes X bullets . Sadly they were sold or traded for other things :? But if they come out with another run of the Remington I may have to give it another try :!:

what was your load?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
:roll: Now why would any modern intelligent man want to hunt with such a thing as a .26 caliber when there's .270's, 30-30's, and all other sorts of GOOD calibers out there? Why fool around with a wimpy little 26 cal? :roll:

( :wink: )

·
Registered
26 Posts
mommicked said:
:roll: Now why would any modern intelligent man want to hunt with such a thing as a .26 caliber when there's .270's, 30-30's, and all other sorts of GOOD calibers out there? Why fool around with a wimpy little 26 cal? :roll:

( :wink: )
Cause we can....and I just added another one to the pile..Remington 700 CDL stainless steel, fluted bbl 264 mag...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Took my first buck with a Swede, have a Ruger Compact in .260, love the bore diameter. Don't like the Compact as much as the caliber, I need to send her off to get checkered so I can hold on to it. Sweaty paws, warm Southern deer season and a slick gun don't work together very well.

I always wanted something on the order of a 6.5-06 or 6.5-.280 Rem.......

Reactions: unclesarge58
1 - 9 of 9 Posts