Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only recently did I realize the Lord's prayer was intended to be a daily prayer.

1 "Give us this day our daily Bread"
Shortly after that realization, I realized it was intended to be prayed by two or more people.

2 " The words US, and OUR. This qualifies it as a prayer of agreement. "Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in their midst. Also "If any two shall agree as touching anything they shall ask, the Father will give it to them.

3 I also realized this is the only Prayer recorded as being taught by Jesus to the men He was training to travel and preach in His name. He would send them out as a team of two, and instructed them to take nothing with them. Later at the Last Supper, they all declared that for 3 1/2 years of travels they lacked for nothing, as all was provided. This is no lay me down to sleep, kid's prayer.

Jesus declared that He Himself was the Bread of Heaven. Wow salvation that last for an eternity, has a daily prayer, a daily plan, and a daily portion of Heaven's provisions. He also told them to take no thought for tomorrow and it's needs.

The ultimate prayer for provision. A prayer that will effect the course of my day. This prayer has become my morning routine, most days out in the woods. Watch with amazement at what God has done for us. The woods, and prayer bench is only about 100 yards from my shop.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the Lords prayer always starts my nightly prayer. there's some good stuff in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts