Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you hunt with your rimfires? I hunt rabits and tree rats with mine. As well as any other pesky critters that get into my yard or house

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Don't hunt rabbits much but hunt squirrels as often as possible :!:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Most of the ones here do I would guess at least 95 % Having a Marlin and not hunting is Blastfamy.. :lol:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Damn Joe! What a question for the rimfire section. That's like asking how many of us breathe! :lol:

P.S.
don't take that as a smart ass remark.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i do but not this time of year. my marlin is retired cause it isnt as accurate or powerful as my daisey.if i scoped it and used it i know i could still get squirrels with it though. hope my new rangefinder gets here today. Sarge is killing my share of squirrels for me right now :) give em hell Sarge

·
Registered
191 Posts
scotty said:
my marlin is retired cause it isnt as accurate or powerful as my daisey
Wow scotty, that must be some honker Daisy!!! :D

firstshot
-------------------------------
Make your first shot count!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No Shit Scotty ,Beam me up to Daisy land!Shootrj2003

·
Registered
32 Posts
fellers , dont tell Sarge i said this , but daisey is a savage . shes a 22 with a wmr after it. my old marlin is a real good rifle but wont shoot with a good magnum. i'm sure a marlin magnum would beat it too, i just aint got one. my middle sons middle name is marlin, i like them and savages.__scotty

·
Registered
463 Posts
reloaderman said:
Here's my "off-road" golf cart. I call it the STEATH HUNTER, just right for running around the ranch looking for jack rabbits!
Teamed up with my Sportster 22rf, the jacks don't stand a chance!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
scotty said:
fellers , dont tell Sarge i said this , but daisey is a savage . shes a 22 with a wmr after it. my old marlin is a real good rifle but wont shoot with a good magnum. i'm sure a marlin magnum would beat it too, i just aint got one. my middle sons middle name is marlin, i like them and savages.__scotty

It ain't the arrow its the indian.. to quote TTG...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hunt squirrels and rabbits as often as I can with my old Marlins. My Dad and I got five of them last Sunday with him using an old 39 from the mid 20's and me using a '97 from about 1910. I always wonder where and with who the gun I happen to be using was hunting with way back when. Kinda boggles the mind when you think about these .22's being around during WWII, then through all the 50's and 60's and finally down to us today. I always wonder how many owners my gun had and when one of them died, did my gun sit in a closet for 20 or 30 years before being used again, or did some relative keep it shooting? The fact any old 22 Marlins exist with uncracked bolts probably means some of them got little use after the 1930's, as I am sure that many people didn't know you shouldn't shoot high speed shells in them, and a lot of shooting after WWII with high speed shells would have ruined them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My marlins exist to hunt. Can't use em all at once though. I often carry the papoose slung across my back when out for deer or other critters, loaded with CB long for annoying squirrel elimination.

-John

·
Registered
32 Posts
aint it the truth! the easiest time to kill squirrels is when youd rather not have them around.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Yep.. over abundance of deer in squirrel season and visa versa.... :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I usually take my 20 ga. rabbit and my 882SSV for squirrels, its hard to hunt with a rimfire for rabbits when the dogs are running them down, but every now and then me or my buddy will carry a rimfire pistol for assasinations, as we call them. Close shots while they are standing still!

·
Registered
264 Posts
For conversation sake, if you include such critters as groundhogs, ***** & fox then tons of us small game hunt with rimfires. I've always said it has a nice appeal in some areas because of the low report.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts