Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not all Preppers come from the same place or go toward the same place - how many kinds are there?

Add to my list of things being prepped for.

Anti-government militia types.
Biological contagion.
Economic house of cards meltdown.
Natural disaster (Yellowstone goes ka-boom; the big one hits California, a cat-5 hurricane demolishes a region, etc.).
Over the tipping point degradation of civil order (that'd be me).

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
If you are a prepper you cannot possibly prepare for everything.
Not unless you are stupidly rich.
So you pick whatever event/s are likely to occur and prepare for them.
In Kansas probably a good idea to prepare for tornado's.
You can group civil unrest and the collapse of the dollar under
one group because certain events will go with others.
Also Prep for in place or Bugging Out.

The most telling Prep I ever saw was on Doomsday preppers
the guy was preparing to hold the fort and stay at home.
He had everytjing well thought out and he had money.

Then during the filming there was a real live wildfire and he HAD to bugout
in his 5th wheel.

So no matter how well you prep you can't cover every base.
You would still be a lot better off than anyone who isn't prepared at all.

Reactions: LT and 57 Texan

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
To Prep for eternity you need Faith, Belief and a Bible.

Reactions: 57 Texan and Lonnie

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have some level of preparedness for a power loss; will be able to cook food but no hot showers.:eating: We'll be able to shelter in place and deal with civil unrest, looting, etc. Dollar collapse, questionable. Biological warfare/terrorism; got a full tank of gas.:driver:
Our most probable scenario, at least in the near term, would be a tornado or hurricane (or the remnants thereof). Collapse of the universe? Totally prepared, but won't be bugging with my guns.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Only one.... From "always ready", to "always faithful", to "the Halls of Montezuma"...and whatever it takes in between--adapt and overcome.

Reactions: furlong222

·
Registered
103 Posts
This topic reminds me of a quote by the character Burt from the movie Tremors. "Food for five years, a thousand gallons of gas, air filtration, water filtration, Geiger counter. Bomb shelter! (pause) Underground... God damn monsters." :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Prepping involves hording all of the ammo you can, tripling it and then finding more ammo.... just in case. Liquor as well for disinfectant and the occasional shot:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Growing up on the gulf coast it was taken for granted we would have a few weeks worth of canned food on hand that could be cooked on a stove. Pot to boil water, those in the north suffered blizzards and could be stuck at home for a week with no power or heat.

Now folks belly up to the FEMA truck within a few hours of the storm blowing thru. Demanding MREs and cases of bottled water. They were simpler times back then. You relied on friends and not uncle sugar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.