Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ,
I'm just curious, How many of you Marlin fans on this BB are ELKS ?
I am,....... I belong to ELKS LODGE # 771 in Middletown CT.
Any other Brother Elks out there?

Tomray
NRA LIFE
ELKS #771

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm sure the Elks are a great organization......I know it isn't the same
with all the Elk lodges........but I was gonna join a couple of years ago,
was really turned off at this particular lodge with all the drunk people.

·
Premium Member
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bytor,

I don't know what you may have witnessed, but I haven't seen anything like that......
I suggest you do a little more research on the organization if you still have the interest in volunteering to help yourself and your community and have fun while you're working.
Most Elks lodges put on some really great dinners at really affordable prices, offering a solid social enviroment for wives and friends,and the social interaction is great. I will be entertaining, (that is having dinner and dancing) with friends of ours from N.H. this saturday evening at our lodge..... I think I probably make a new aquaintance each time I'm there.

The ELKS are based on belief in God, Americanism, helping those less fortunate. The Elks lend a great deal of support and protection to those in need, both Elks and non-Elks within the community.

All Elks I've talked with say they wish now they hadn't waited so long to join and become involved.(myself included)

I've become good friends with a number of individuals from other lodges. and have visited lodges in other states while hunting ,vacationing and traveling, making friends along the way!
In fact, I was invited to hunt some terrific private property in VT. due to another brother ELK noticing my Elks ring in an Elks lodge, and a conversation about hunting developed. I have also been offered lodging on the shores of Lake Winnipassacki (sp?) and a secure garage for my Harley in Laconia N.H. during Bike Week this summer, again, from a non-riding brother Elk while visiting his lodge!
I've read your profile, I think you owe it to yourself as an American to rethink your position, re-investigate the particular lodge you speak of..

As I said earlier, I don't know what you witnessed...............

Tomray
NRA LIFE
Elks #771

·
Registered
542 Posts
As I said I am sure the Elks are a top notch organizanization,

What I witnessed was 3 police Officers responding to a call of
assault at the Elks. Two people were arrested for disorderly
conduct. One had an outstanding warrent for Failure to appear,
on a DUI charge. I was only a bit dismayed when a patron
asked me If my "Mexican-wife can cook decent Mexican food"

I would like to look into the Elk lodge here in Wa State.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have no familiarity with the Elks, but this thread makes me wonder whether they're having membership declines similar to other fraternal organizations (Lions, Kiwanis, etc.).

While I don't belong to any such organizations, it seems a shame that they're in danger of dying out. I know they've done a lot of work for their local communities.

On the other hand, for years I attended a local Lions' Club annual event, and was never once "chatted up" as a potential member. I guess if you're not going to get any new blood, the old blood can't last forever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts