Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't that long ago I scored a 70's vintage 39A. Once that showed up my other rimfire rifles rarely made it out of the safe. I was adicted to the levergun and it soon became THE gun I would grab when going out into the field.

More recently I picked up a 39TDS (1998 vintage) that was used hard but still shoots great!

Yesterday I sent off a check for a 39A Mountie (1965 vintage). I had the money and I couldn't resist.

My question is, how many is enough? It seems if I have enough money in my wallet and one appears, I'm gunna buy it...

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Wet Dog said:
My question is, how many is enough? It seems if I have enough money in my wallet and one appears, I'm gunna buy it...
Well, I have 7, and I don't have enough yet......

You still need the NRA guns, Centennial, 39D's, 39Carbine, 1897 Annie Oakley, 1897 Cowboy, 1897 Century Limited, oh - the 39AWL Walmart gun, pre-war guns, you need an original 39,................

You still need a few more :D :D :D :D :D

Shum8

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just as many as your heart desires, and your wallet can stand!

"What's that honey; this old rifle? Why, I've had it a long time now, sure you've seen it before." :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that would be enough :D

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Wet Dog said:
Now that would be enough :D
Not really - There's still room for a few between the circles :shock:

Jeezy Peat - Kinda make a feller wanna roll around naked against the wall, huh? :wink:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I've got exactly one, an 1897 Texan. Great little rifle, first one I've ever had and it whets the appetite for more, that's for sure! Some day I'll add to it with that 24" octagon cowboy version or an original 39.

tsafly,

MOST IMPRESSIVE SIR! EVEN HAD TO CALL THE WIFE OVER TO LOOK AT IT!!!! NOW SHE THINKS I'M QUITE MODEST WITH MY GUN HABIT!!!!

Geoff

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is the 39A a great .22?? I love the Marlin rifles. and am looking to expand beyond my.35. I have a Ruger 10-22 by really would love to get a Marlin .22. Is the 39 really a great gun or would one of the otther marlins be better?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Poncho -
Ya gotta try a 39!!! You'll wonder how ya got along without one.............

Shum8

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
There are 22's and there are 22 Rifles.. Marlin is a 22 rifle .. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shum8 said it best, you'll wonder what took you so long to get one.

My problem is that one wasn't enough...

A day in the woods with a Marlin 39 is about as good as it gets. There is something about hunting with an all American levergun that is just more fun.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
The 39 is a slick little gun, and the older they are the better they are! It's also holds the record as the longest made rifle design since it's been around in one form or another since 1891.
When you figure you've got enough 39a's then start on the old 39 and work your way back to the 1891. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Well, I finally drug my 39 collection out and snapped a photo of them, but after looking at the "wall-o-39s" earlier in this thread, I kinda feel inadequate at the moment :lol: :lol: . Oh, well - here they is anyway....

From top to bottom:

39AWL - Wallyworld edition
39A 1977
39M 1981
39A NRA 1971
39M NRA 1971
39D 1971

Also have a first year 39, but it's currently disassembled, going through a facelift.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts