Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
299 Posts
Well I came here asking about buying a new Remlin and you guys bombarded me with "get a JM". I resisted and said I didn't want to spend that amount of money on a used Marlin.

Fast forward to me finding a Cowboy Carbine JM and I grabbed it. After getting it I admitted they are nice but doubted I'd own another.

A couple weeks ago I grabbed a round barrel 45 Colt JM Marlin for a song.

So yesterday I'm browsing Gunbroker and come across this jewel. The stock grain and glossy bluing is what spoke to me!
I talked to the seller today and we came to an agreed $800 SHIPPED! So it's coming home to me.

Is there any way to stop buying them? I needed a 24" version so I had to get this one basically.

·
Registered
864 Posts
After you NEED a third safe the urge MAY lessen. No guarantee.
Immunizations by my better half have not been effective for very long. Actually I think she gave up.
Soooo, what's next on your list?

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
I don't think there is a cure but you will probably get to a point where you will have enough to keep you happy until the next deal comes along. If you are just starting out this could take years to get there. I'm at the point where I try not to buy any new guns, instead I have been focusing on things like better optics, upgrading parts, stocking up on reloading stuff etc.

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
It stops for a while when you get a hankering for an AR or bolt action.Then you see another JM sitting somewhere,and realize that you “just gotta have it”.

Reactions: 2bytandem

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
Look kid, some here will sugarcoat it, ..........I won't. There's no going back, no cure, and your momma can't help you this time. That simple, so 'man up', deal with it. ........One piece of advise, watch those guys dealing pre-safety 35's. HEARTLESS! I'm telling you, ..........I KNOW!!!!!

John

·
Registered
295 Posts
Why in the world would you want to stop buying JM stamped Marlins? I can't think of a single good reason. If you don't buy the next one, someone else will!!!

Reactions: navajo

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Sorry, once you've been bit by the Marlinitis bug, there is no cure. Just enjoy the addiction.

Reactions: PileDriver

·
Registered
537 Posts
Reactions: mattusmc and 45Bill
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.