Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's on this forum somewhere but I can't find it. It would make a good sticky for a quick reference for those of us who are thinking about shooting cast bullets. I have no intention of casting my own, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy pre-cast bullets from a reliable source. I'm assuming that gas checks are a MUST...? Bullet lube, powder preferences, is there a cast bullet reloading manual out there somewhere? What is the best resource for newbies getting into reloading cast bullets?

Maybe we should have a version of "Reloading Cast Bullets For Dummies" on the forum :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
8,036 Posts
hey 04 that 32 spl is eating at you already? I too need to slug my 32 barrel but just seems counter intuitive to bang a piece of lead into the barrel. I purchased some 322 cast bullets and am in the process of loading them up to give them a try. I have run out of factory 32 and I need to feed the beast..........There are plenty of videos on utube on this topic as well, looks easy just not something I am set-up to do at the moment.

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey 04 that 32 spl is eating at you already? I too need to slug my 32 barrel but just seems counter intuitive to bang a piece of lead into the barrel. I purchased some 322 cast bullets and am in the process of loading them up to give them a try. I have run out of factory 32 and I need to feed the beast..........There are plenty of videos on utube on this topic as well, looks easy just not something I am set-up to do at the moment.
Yes it is. The best way to cure the winter bug is to reload for the summer and fall shooting we plan to do. I just dug myself out of some more lake effect snow that we got over night. I won't commit to shooting cast bullets until I have all the information I need so I can get all the required equipment before I get started. But it sure seems to use a lot less powder and the bullets are much cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts