Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to insert a link to a product web site.
Thanks, Terry

· Contributing Member
11,568 Posts
jnicol6600 said:
just copy the web address and paste it into the reply window and the link should work automatically.
Close, but not quite...

You need to input some HTML code for people to be able to click the link.

Do this, but LEAVE OUT all the spaces. I have to put the spaces in so you can see it, otherwise the software would think I am entering a link:

[ url ] paste link here [ /url ]

Again, NO SPACES.

You can copy images and post them the same way only insert img in place of url.

Make sense?

· Registered
20,288 Posts
We do have the auto buttons also when you open message box the silver squares above the smile's bottom row the 2nd on is code for photos and the 3rd for url .. if you click on it just paste the code in center between the ]here[/url

· Registered
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, but I'm completely computer illiterate. You tell me to past, but I'm all out of Elmer's. Can you elaborate. I can get it done by typing the whole web site, but that much typing makes my arthritis flair up. I know there is an easer way, It's just beond me.
I'm at the web site I want to copy, now what?

· Contributing Member
11,568 Posts
Plumber said:
Sorry guys, but I'm completely computer illiterate. You tell me to past, but I'm all out of Elmer's. Can you elaborate. I can get it done by typing the whole web site, but that much typing makes my arthritis flair up. I know there is an easer way, It's just beond me.
I'm at the web site I want to copy, now what?
Go up to the bar at the top that has the website address, hold down the left mouse button and run the cursor over the entire address. It should highlight in blue.

While it is highlighted, hold down the Ctrl button and press C at the same time. That will copy it.

To paste it, click in the reply window where you want the link to go, and then hold down the Ctrl button and press V at the same time. The link should show up.

· Registered
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gunjunkie said:
If you did the one in blueing thread in 336 thats perfect..
No, I typed that out letter by letter. http://sport.birchwoodcasey.com/Finishing.aspx

I did this one by turning it blue, hitting the Ctrl and C at the same time. Then right clicking here and click on paste.
IT WORKED!
Thanks to everyone. Terry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.