Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
I have been on gun broker and I would have to say the you almost stole it..
Last time I got a notice from guns America marlin camp 9 ...$650 to$750.00..
SO you did very good ;D ;D
Lots of fun to shooot...
They are real good home defense guns too!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was doing some research on the gun while I was waiting on my background check to come thru,I have been put into delay more times than I can count,wolf spring and a blackjack buffer are in the near future. Got any favorite handloads both plinking and self defense?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checked the stock no cracks. Disasembled the gun everything looks good. I work in the aircraft service industry,I'm an A&P mechanic,a co-worker and fellow shooter is a NDI inspector and he is going to give the reciever the once over in his lab. It's great to have friends like that. Buffer and 21# spring on the way.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I use the 16 lb spring in the Camp 9. IMHO the 21lb is used for the Camp 45 because of the higher volume of gas from the larger case size (I may not have explained that correctly). But the 21lb spring is much harder to pull the handle back and I find the 16lb spring the correct weight to match the force from the loads I shoot. Remember on a blow back action the spring has to match the force of the ammo load or you crack the stock if spring is too light and have failure to feed if the spring is too heavy.
Others have used the 21 lb spring and like it but keep the ammo in mind when you match ammo to spring weight.

Some of my best friends are A&P's. And having a NDI friend is handy. I really dont think he will find any thing wrong with the reciever. It would be more interesting to see if he can find any cracks in the stock.

These site may be of help:

http://www.notpurfect.com/main/campgun9.htm

http://www.alpharubicon.com/leo/marlincamp9war.htm

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Mush thanks for the links and the insight. Checked the stock with a really bright light and a 10 power magnafying glass and I'm crack free. When I bought this nine I had been looking for a while and lo and behold this pawn shop had two of these units. The one I bought was as from the factory the other had a really cool folding stock same price 375.00 otd.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok got my new buffer installed and replaced the missing front site hood. Waiting on the 16.5 recoil spring ,thanks for the tip Mush, Wolff says they will mail the spring out in three days and it will take another five days to get to me in Oklahoma. well I'm gonna shoot it this weekend any way. I will load up some mild rounds and give it a go. Change the spring when it gets here. This thing is just plain cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts