Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why was this thread locked? "Why a chronograph?"

I was on a thread and it seem it was not going in the favor of one MO member. So he locked the thread. This thread wasn't even started by this individual. He should of just gone to another thread and not lock a thread he didn't even started.

Is this what the forum is about, if not agreeable in terms of agreeing and disagreeing some sore person with the power could just lock someone else's thread, well what else. Maybe tell us how to act too.

I though this forum was a democratic. Allowing to voice an opinion or just go to a different thread if it didn't agree with you.

Well now I know different. Where does the censoring stop or is it just beginning?

TO NY

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Re: How can a individual lock a thread because it's not going that way?

Individuals can't lock threads. Moderators and owners can.

In this case, as the Mod said, the 3 full pages of information and opinions covered the bases of chronographs quite well. Any more and the posting would have become unwieldly and argumentative. This is a forum for sharing knowledge and Marlinitis, not for letting discussions de-evolve into arguments and personal attacks.

It also helps folks that come upon the topic late get the information they were looking for. If I suddenly had found a thread on a topic I was researching, paging thru 8 or 12 pages of crud looking for the nuggets of wisdom would be offputting to say the least. Keeping the pro and con information trim and concise helps future users too.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
I certainly agree.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I started the thread in question and do feel like it probably ran its course though I am really interested in the safety information that one can get from a chronograph and how does one get that from knowing the velocity. I never expected to generate so much interest

·
Registered
238 Posts
Agree with the mod to locker down. I do think it was the best thread of this long and cold winter, It was truly interesting and informative.

·
Registered
50 Posts
308/338, you forgot to add the part where implying the average shooter's money would be better spent practicing shooting turns into the words put into one's mouth stating I said they were ignoring accuracy. They were waaaaay off base with that one.

And apparently I was in error also because they now measure pressure also???? Not on any I've seen though.

When a person asks "Why a (fill in the blank)", they are also asking "Why not a (fill in the blank)". I suppose it should be worded "Would the moderators please tell me why I need a (fill in the blank)".

I'm sorry, but I just looked for a third time and there was no disrespect, unkind words, badmouthing, anger, nor anything else in what was written. Nothing was ever said about ignoring accuracy. Period. For the life of me, I don't know where you pulled this from. "State the facts, please". I did, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A CHRONOGRAPH TO RELOAD. That is a fact. MOST SHOTS ARE TAKEN WITHIN 100 YARDS AND BULLET SPEED MEANS NOTHING HERE. That is also a fact. CHRONOGRAPHS DO NOT READ OUT PRESSURE. Another fact. MODERATOR GETS UPSET AND PUTS WORDS IN OPINION. Fact. THE TIMING LOOKS FUNNY THAT WHEN A FEW PEOPLE DISAGREE AND NEEDLESSLY UPSET MODERATOR LOCKS TOPIC. Fact. But, hey, whatever floats your boat. Not angry, just still puzzled.......

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Question asked...and answered.

This one has run its course too. :) (IMO anyway...if anybody disagrees, unlock it)

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
The selected mods of this forum have full control as to the content and how long they let a topic run.. we have a diverse group and not all will agree to anything 100%.. on any topic . And the Mod did explain his reasons for doing it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.